Monday, June 11, 2018

Prayer and dependance upon God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Pam Padgett has a house where all bedrooms are upstairs.

Recently she tripped and fell part way downstairs.  She was not injured, just sore.  But it made an impression on her.

She began considering ways she could turn her theater room into a downstairs bedroom.  This would require adding full bath (she has 1/2 bath downstairs) and moving TV and sound equipment into the fireplace area adjacent to kitchen.

She contacted contractor and met with him and his partner.  But she was warned about him when his partner said something that showed her his hypocritical way of dealing with people.  So Pam released this contractor from consideration.

Then she met with decorator and did not like working with this woman.  So she paid her for her time and released her from the project.

Also I became a problem to Pam, and she didn't want to strive with me.  She backed off and set the whole project aside.

A few weeks later, Pam was working in her yard and twisted her back and could hardly move.  As she sat trying to recover, she began again thinking of a possible need for downstairs bedroom/bath.

The project was on again!  I was very glad for I thought it would be a good project and I thought it was approved by God and knew in such she would be led by God.

But again, I came into picture in a wrong way.  I had just purchased a large screen TV and wanted Pam to have something really nice for her project.  She was considering a 77 inch screen.  I had purchased an 85 inch.

I suggested the 85 inch, feeling she had enough wall space for that size.

But after they installed my TV, I saw how that size would "take over" the room, which was fine in my room for it is a TV room and the TV should be dominant factor.  But Pam's area was a multi-functional area and I saw how that larger TV might overbalance that room.

When I told her this, she was delighted.  She had been praying for God to give me understanding for she realized there was a danger of our falling into strife over this project.  She said she would rather just back off and stop the project than to fall into strife.

I was amazed at her godliness in this attitude!

But God did give me understanding so it freed her to go ahead.

Still when I think of her willingness to give the whole project up, I marvel at her right approach.

What a blessing Pam puts on the whole subject by her godly way!

***

(Pam lives in Colorado and I live in Texas. I will probably never even see her project. I just wanted her to have what is best for her, thus my interest. I have no doubt God will guide her in every part of the project and make it a blessing for her.)


*****