Thursday, June 28, 2018

We cannot serve God and mammon


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Matthew 6:24-25   No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.


Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. 


*****


2 masters ... If we are in debt, we will be a servant to that debt.  Therefore we work to be free from debt, that our master in all things can be God.

If you are in debt, the first step would be to pray, asking God to show you how to get out of debt.  

Pay special attention to any scripture brought to your mind or attention while you read the Bible.

Meditate on that scripture day and night and do that instruction as best you can and keep doing that scripture.  Learn to live in that scripture which is shown you by the Holy Spirit.  Then when God gives you another scripture, do that scripture while continuing in the first scripture given unto you.

Walk in God by HIS Spirit.

This is the beginning of everything for us.


*****



Think of following the scripture as a walk way through a wilderness.

These verses (or partial verses) are the stepping stones.  Learn to walk carefully from one stepping stone to another.


*****


In my life, God has given me the following stepping stones to show me what I am to do.

Hebrews 3:13    exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 10:25   exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I've been walking on these instructions for years and they encourage me and keep me going in the way God wants me to go.

Recently, I was given an additional "stepping stone".

I was reading in Matthew and part of a verse burned through me.  I stopped and thought on this and added it to the above scriptures as my way of life on this earth.

Jesus said ...

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: Matthew 28:20

As I walk in these three scriptures which were called to my attention by the Spirit of God, I know exactly what God wants me to do on this earth.

And I am given strength and courage and motivation to exhort the church through these writings as I consider the instruction in these scripture.

That is how I keep myself going, doing the work to which I am assigned.


*****




If you belong to God, the Holy Spirit in you will lead you exactly as HE leads me, step by step, bringing scripture to your mind.

As you focus on that scripture given you, and keeping it, your path is solid.

Just keep doing that one verse, or partial verse.  It may be your instruction for many months or even years.

It is your rock upon which to build your life.


*****


Matthew 7:24-27   Jesus says

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:


And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.


*****