Wednesday, June 20, 2018

* Righteousness, prosperity, and good success: Part 10 Delighting in the Word of God



Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.


*****


Our delight must be in that which God says.

You cannot be godly, prosper and have good success, God's way unless God's word is your delight.
When we read Bible, we search for gold as a man searches for buried treasure. And we store up nuggets of gold each time we come upon a scripture which shows us God's way and as we handle that scripture
(applying it to our own lives in a proper way) and we learn to do that scripture, it becomes a part of us. 

Mountains of gold accumulate when we do this.

When I read the Bible, I'm always looking for something to do in my own life.

I'm digging for gold to make it mine by doing what it says. For only as we do the scripture do we live in the scripture.

That comes by searching for the way of God in the Bible and thinking upon it day and night until we automatically do that way in this life.

James 1:22
  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.



*****

I delight in such as the following:

Jesus says: 

Matthew 7:13-14    Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


The people of this world want freedom to sin.

I want freedom from sin which the Word of God shows me. When I choose to go in the way shown by God in the scriptures, I have a way of freedom from sin.



One example

Ephesians 4:29    Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

When we train ourselves to speak those things which build up the other person in spiritual ways and reveal God to that person, we go in the way of God.

Secular talk is often opposite.

Which do we do when we speak with another person?

That which we choose to store in our heart will come out our mouth.


***


Another example:

Philippians 2:5,7    Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: ... But made Himself of no reputation,

Jesus wasn't trying to impress people with what HE said nor with the way HE looked.

We see the goal of the religious leaders of His day were opposite to Him.  They tried to impress the people by their clothing and by those things they said and by that which they did that seemed "good".


Matthew 23

5-6    But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,  And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 

(They love hearing themselves called "Rabbi" and "Master" and "Father")

7-10   And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

(Today they love to be called "Reverend" which no man did in Bible.)

14-15   Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.


***

A family of "home schoolers" lived across the street from me.  One day I looked out and saw them in their front yard in a circle with their heads bowed, obviously praying.  (They wanted to be seen of men.)

Jesus said:  

Matthew 6:5-8   And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. 

Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him.


***

If you will learn to listen to what you say to other people and see what you do, you will likely find you often try to impress other humans with yourself when you are with them or when they are coming to your house.


*****

Throughout the Bible, we see verses of scripture and concepts which show us the way of God.

Do we delight in the way of God when we see such?  

If so, we are on the path toward righteousness, prosperity and good success.

Does the word of God mean more to us than any person or thing?  

It should.


*****


When we do the scriptures, going in the way of God, does it mean we are poor and have nothing on this earth?

We can be in very good financial condition without actually trying to get things.

Consider Abraham:  

Genesis 13:2   And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.

When we follow the instructions given us by God, then God often puts us into places where we prosper according to HIS purpose.


*****


At the time I was born again, I owned a small business in Dallas, Texas.

After I was born again, all I cared about was Bible and church.

When I felt God was showing me to quit my business and "go into the ministry," I closed my shop July 31, 1979.  

At time I closed my shop, I had a contract with a famous Indian painter who was coming to my shop for a showing.  This would usually mean a considerable amount of money to both me and the artist.  I cancelled the contract and walked away from that money.

Now I had no income and no future plans.  

For the next six months, I lived off the sale of the merchandise from the shop. ($22,000 cash)

I didn't try to get a church job.  

I just stayed at my apartment and read the Bible and did what I saw to do from Bible, mostly correcting myself or setting my way in the way of God.

I had no idea what I would be doing in the future and I didn't try to do anything.  

(Remember I had money to support myself temporarily from the items that sold when I closed my business.)  

God had put me into this position by having me get out of debt and stay out of debt.  Then when I closed the shop and sold the merchandise, I had money clear from debt and could pay my monthly expenses until God showed me what to do. 

For the next 6 months I waited, not knowing what the future direction would be.

On January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night.  God spoke the following 3 words into my ear as I slept:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" 

(KWJS was a radio station.)

I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."

Immediately Holy Spirit brought the following thought to my mind:  "Call the radio station manager."

(Notice:  at any given point in time we have the option of walking away from that which God has told us to do ... or postponing it.  God warned Joshua as follows: turn not from it (the Word) to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.  Joshua 1:7)

That same morning that God spoke, "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS", to me, I called the radio station manager.

Manager told me to make audition tape.

I had tape recorder at my apartment so I made audition tape that same morning and mailed it immediately, that same day.

(I had told God, "I'm a writer, not a speaker ..."  But I remembered Moses saying something similar so I spoke the message on the audition tape although I had never heard a Christian-type radio broadcast and did not consider myself to be a speaker.)

Within about 5 days, I was broadcasting exhortations to the church on radio KWJS.

I did this until the middle of 1984.  I continued living at my apartment in Dallas during those years.

My dad died during that time and I felt my mother would need help so I made arrangements to move to where she lived, Clovis, NM, USA.

My mother lived in a trailer house on a lot which she and my dad owned.  

My plan was to buy a trailer house with the money left from my business.  I had enough to buy a trailer.  But when I went to buy trailer house to live in, I found I was troubled by trailer.  It was then called to my mind my dad had left us $50,000.  My mother put it into a savings account at bank.  I had forgotten about the money.  I decided to take that personal money and build an apartment on the lot where the trailer was parked.  I ended up building 2 apartments and put mother's trailer between the apartments. I paid for one apartment with personal money and the other apartment with ministry money.  My secretary lived in the apartment that belonged to the ministry.

There was a lot of noise at that location.

I had opportunity to buy a lot on the golf course for $13,700.  And I had accumulated the cash by that time so I could pay for the lot.  So I purchased that lot.

(I was still living by the word, "Get out of debt and stay out of debt," which God gave me in 1975 when I was born again, so all property was free from debt.)

I lived at the apartment five years.

I decided to put the two apartments up for sale and build house on the golf course lot which I had purchased.  One apartment sold immediately for $40,000.  I rented the second apartment for the next ten years.  It accumulated $40,000 cash above expenses during that time.  Then I sold apartment #1 for $40,000 when my mother died and I planned to move back to Texas. 

When I built house on golf course, the local saying was:  "If you put 100,000 dollars into a house in Clovis, plan to live in that house the rest of your life."  (Property didn't sell well in Clovis according to history.)

I was at grocery one day about a month before my mother had her second accident breaking second hip toward end of her life.

I ran into a real estate woman I knew there.  I asked her how things were going.  She replied, "Great!"  

She told me high end property, over $100,000 dollars, was selling in Clovis like never before at great prices.

(There had been something big occur at local air force base, pushing prices upward for first time in history in Clovis.)

I thought of how I wished I could put our house up for sale at that time.  Within a couple of months, my mother had died at 97-years-old, and I did put the house up for sale during the market boom, for I didn't want to live in Clovis, and I wanted to return to Texas.

My mother and I lived in the house on golf course for about 10-years ... It cost $100,000 to build it in 1990.  It sold for $227,000 in 2001.


*****


God just kept prospering me along the way, leading me to do things that would prosper.

I never tried to get money.  

I depended on what the Bible says, doing that.  If we meditate on the word of God day and night and do what that Word says, following God, we have a promise as following from God:

Psalm 1:1-3    Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; 

and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.


*****



While I lived in Clovis (18 1/2 years), I wrote messages which were mailed to former radio audience all over USA.  I recorded messages on cassette tape and mailed these to radio audience.

Along the way, as money accumulated, I made changes in property.

But I never tried to make money.  I just kept meditating in verses of scripture to do what I saw to do from Bible.  Scripture was my focus.

God once said to me:  "One step at a time.  One step at a time.  It is enough."

When I left Dallas, in 1984, I had approximately $15,000 cash and an old car.

When I returned to Texas in 2001, I had $307,000 cash:  

   * 227,000 sale of golf course house
   *   40,000 accumulated rental after expenses (Apt. #1)
   *   40,000 sale of apartment #1


God caused me to prosper during that time without my even thinking of money.  I just did that which I had the money to do without going into debt.

I took all the cash and put it into the current property where I live in Lubbock, Texas.


*****


When I started the ministry in 1979, I took no salary.  We had no money coming in to ministry in 1979.

After I went on radio, offerings began coming into ministry.

I took salary of $400 per month.

As we prospered, I took salary of $1500 month.

In approximately 1997, I stopped taking any salary.  I had begun to receive small social security check from USA government.  It was approximately $550 a month.  This took care of my personal needs.

I never took salary again from offerings, though a minister has right to live off the gospel, I chose not to do this.

My social security kept rising and now is approximately $794 per month.  But I live in house owned by ministry and utilities are paid by ministry.  All I have to pay are personal needs, food, clothing.  Usually I have about $300 per month left over from my social security check.  That extra money just accumulates in my checking account and from time to time I will use some of it.  (Mostly for sound equipment.)

My car is 24 years old and runs great!

Medical bills are paid for by government Medicare program and my supplemental insurance.

Greedy ministers often try to get me to support them.  I do not do this.  Let them go to work and earn their living.  Let God support them as God supported me, showing me steps to take, one step at a time!

Hopefully you can see from this writing how God prospers us without our trying to get more money as the world does.

All that I have told you in this writing shows the fulfillment of the following scriptures.

Matthew 6:33    But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


***

Joshua 1:7-9    Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 

Have not I commanded thee?  (Didn't God tell me to do this?)

Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


***

Psalm 1:1-3  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.


*****