Friday, June 1, 2018

* Prosperity through doing what God shows you to do.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

At the time I was born again in 1975, I had almost no possessions.

I owned a small business in Dallas, Texas.  I had some debt attached to the merchandise in my shop.

I believed God showed me to get out of debt I diligently pursued that goal.

Within a short time I was out of debt and I also felt God showed me to stay out of debt which I have pursued faithfully to this present day.

Many would say it was unwise to pay rent.  That is probably true.  But because of what I believed God showed me, I refused to go into debt for housing.  I just rented that which I could afford at that time and never expected to own a house.

*****


My pursuit in life was not money or possessions.

I wanted to study Bible and do that which Bible showed me to do after I was born again.  Really, Bible was the only interest I had after I was born again.  

(I had no idea God had called me to the ministry even though I was taken into heaven twice as I slept in the night and merged into the body of Jesus twice.  I didn't even know a woman could be a minister.)

Later that debt free life would pay off big for me.

When the time came, five years after I was born again, for me to close my business and "go into the ministry", I had no income from a church group.  I didn't even try to get a job in a church group.  I just kept reading Bible and tried to do what I saw from Bible.  I supported myself by using that money gained from the sale of the debt free merchandise from my shop as I waited for God to show me what I was to do.  I waited at my apartment for the next 6 months, no job, no income, no prospects, no thought of what I was to do in future.

On the night of January 10, 1980, God awoke me in the night with a very loud trumpet-like voice saying three words to me:  Hartford, Seattle, KWJS ... and five days later I was broadcasting exhortations for the church on radio station KWJS.


*****

In 1982, my dad died.

I felt my mother would need help so I made arrangements to move where she was living, to Clovis, NM (USA).

We owned a small house-trailer-park there where my mother parked her house trailer.  I had enough money from my father to build an apartment on that lot.  (we actually built two apartments/ no mortgage / no debt / paid in cash).

It was in a poor neighborhood and there was a considerable amount of noise.  I was greatly troubled by the noise from dirt bikes.

When I had saved the money, I purchased a lot on the local golf course for $13,700(paid cash)

I continued the way of life I felt God showed me and that is to buy only when I had the cash to do so ... no debt.

Five years after moving to Clovis, I put the two apartments up for sale and began building a house on the golf course lot.  (One apartment sold at that time and that money went toward paying for the new house and I rented the other apartment.)

The house cost $100,000 and with the sale of one of the two apartments and with money from my mother and money from ministry, I built house and my mother lived with me in the house for the next 10-years.

When my mother died, I put the house up for sale and it sold for $227,000.

I also sold the apartment I had been renting for the years I lived in the house.  It sold for $40,000.  And another $40,000 had accumulated from the rent of that apartment during those 10 years.

The year before my mother died, I was given a dream where I was building a house.  At the time of this dream, I had no plans toward building a house.

But when my mother died, I put the golf course house up for sale and it sold.  I took all the money from the property and moved to Lubbock, Texas, and built the house I live in at this time.


*****

In each of the years from 1985 through 2018, I lived debt free, as I do now.

Money accumulated without my trying to get money.   (I didn't purchase anything unless I had accumulated the cash to pay for the item or house.)

My mind continued focused on Bible and the messages I felt God wanted me to share with the church.  And I lived by those messages also, doing that which the scriptures said to do as the Holy Spirit called the scripture to my mind.

Today, I have more material things than I even knew existed on this earth.  But I didn't try to get any of these things.  I never pursued anything for money.  I never tried to get money.

I believe it is the following scripture coming to pass in my life.


Matthew 6:25-34    Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

(God taught me to pray about tomorrow and to act on today by what HE had given me)

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?  (You can't grow one inch taller by thinking about it.)

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall HE not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.


33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and HIS righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 


Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.


*****


Along the way, through the years, God taught me many things. HE taught me about the Holy Spirit and what the Holy Spirit does in the believer and how to follow those ideas brought me by God by the Holy Spirit.

HE taught me to ask HIM for wisdom and to abstain from the wisdom of man.  James 1:5

HE taught me to continue focused on my assignment which HE had given me to do on this earth.

HE said to me: "One step at a time. One step at a time ... it is enough."

HE taught me to live scripture, not just to read scripture.


HE taught me not to compromise scripture and to cling to the way of scripture regardless of the circumstances of this life.

It is basically the following:

Matthew 7:13-14   Jesus said:  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

*****
As long as you are trying to get things of this world, you are going in the way of this world.
After you are born again, to focus on Bible and what God wants and abstain from other things, you end up with everything worth having, both in this life and the next.

*****