Saturday, June 16, 2018

BOOK: Exhortations For The Church, Volume 1: Chapter 31


Joan Boney
E-book:  $.99
Paperback: $6.99
(USA Prices)

Order from:  Amazon.com


*****


Made one with the Word of God


I was born again August 5, 1975.

Shortly after that, a few days or few weeks, I was asleep in the night and was transported into heaven. I saw no images but I knew I was with God, with Jesus, with the Holy Spirit. And at that time I was "merged" into the body of Jesus, made one with the Word of God. God and Holy Spirit witnessing.  (II Cor. 12)

A few nights later, the exact same thing happened again.


*****

It was wonderful.

I was on fire for Bible ... The Word of God.

And since that time, I have not been able to stand hearing people speak something opposite to Bible as if what they speak is truth and I have often said to them who say opposite to Bible, "That is not what the Bible says ..."

I cannot stand hearing Bible trampled under foot of man.

To me, the following is true.

II Tim. 3:16-17 ... All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.



*****

How can you be a Christian and allow man to do evil to the Word of God, acting as if he is god himself by opposing scripture and setting up the way of the world in place of the word of God?

Although what happened to me in 1975 doesn't happen to all Christians, there is a real truth for all Christians in this matter.

God likens us to being married to Jesus (The Word).

Romans 7:1-6 ... Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to HIM who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.




*****

By the Spirit of God who now lives in us, since we have been born again a new creature in Christ, we are married to Christ in Spirit.

I've heard the following testimony from many who are born again. Before being born again, they did not consider God usually. After they were born again, they had a desire to know God and wanted to hear things of God. (This certainly is my testimony also.)

When we were born again, the old man died and a new creation was resurrected by God in us by HIS Spirit which was given us that we might live in HIM.


*****

When I was baptized after I was born again, the minister lowered me into the water and the Holy Spirit put these word's into my mind explaining what was happening to me. "This is like being buried with Christ." (In other words, now the person you once were is dead so we bury that person.)

When I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said, "This is like being raised with Christ."

This is exactly what Paul said in Romans 6:3-4 ...Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into HIS death? Therefore we are buried with HIM by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.


*****

Now the old man we once were is dead. The new creation in us cares about Bible, about God.

Gal. 2:20 ... I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.



*****

So my experience of being transported into heaven after I was born again was unusual, still our experiences are the same. We are married to Jesus, one with the Word of God by HIS Spirit, that we care about the Word of God.

How can we just sit there while humans trample the Word of God under foot, setting up themselves to be gods with their sayings.

I have found I can't do that. I cannot stand for humans to rule over the Word of God. I've often said, "That is not what the Bible says ..." and I go on to quote to them what the Bible says, because I can't stand it.

Sometimes the individual I share Bible with leaves me.  Sometimes people are saved.


*****

Often I turn off TV or skip pages in book when I am reading novel because I do not care to participate in antichirst concepts. Often I mute TV when they begin speaking antichrist statements which I find to be often when humans speak.

Recently I was watching PBS's "Great Railroads of Europe" ... for the most part the scenes were beautiful ... then a human would being speaking of the supernatural things the people in that region believe ... I would mute the sound.

I rarely watch newscasts but when I do I always mute the sound ... sometimes even the captions at the bottom of screen, the crawlers, are even unwatchable.

ESPN sports announcers often speak "antichrist" statements ... which I mute.

I find it difficult to watch TV when the sound is turned on.

I John 5:19-21 ... And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know HIM that is true, and we are in HIM that is true, even in HIS Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.


*****