Sunday, June 17, 2018

BOOK: Taking Thoughts Captive: Preface


Joan Boney
E-book:  $.99
Paperback: $4.99
(USA Prices)

Order from:  Amazon.com


*****
 
 
When I was born again, in 1975, one of the first things God taught me was ...

Taking Thoughts Captive ...

This is God's antidote to the poison of this world ... and for the lusts of our own flesh! 

An example: 

A woman I went to school with, sent me a note along with a Birthday Card ... 

In her note, she told of her grandson who just got married a few months ago ... 

She told of her plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas with her daughter and her son-in-law and her grandchildren ...

She told of her husband's activities ... 

I have no grandson, nor daughter, nor son-in law, nor husband ... nor did I have any plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was alone ... with no plans at all ...

IMMEDIATELY THE HOLY SPIRIT BEGAN SPEAKING THE FOLLOWING WORDS TO ME ...

"You are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." 

"That's right" ... I cried out ...

When other people look at me, they see no life ... no husband, no children, no grandchildren 

But the truth is ... I am dead, though I live on this earth... 

… My life is hid with Christ ... and they can't see my life when they view me ... I look like nothing to them … My life is hid from them.

When Christ appears then I can expect to appear with HIM along with all others who belong to HIM. My life is yet to come, so to speak.

I rejoiced in this truth from the Holy Spirit. 

(If I had not heard Col. 3 from the Holy Spirit, I think I would have been pulled down by the note in my Birthday Card.)

Col. 3 ... If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with HIM in glory.


***** 


When we view life on this earth through God's eyes, we are resurrected from the thoughts (and the lusts) which otherwise plague us.

This is the basic principle of Taking Thoughts Captive ... 

to bring those thoughts into obedience of Christ, THE WORD ... 

As a result, we rejoice in HIM ... 

Joan Boney


*****