Thursday, January 11, 2018

When an enemy plans against you


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In Psalm 21, we read ....

v.11    For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.

God saves us, even when we do not realize they are coming against us.

In the house, directly behind me, lived an older Jewish man and his wife who was much younger than himself.  I had been friendly toward them, even having them in to dinner at one point.

He came to me and asked if I would rent him my upstairs bedroom for the weekend.  He said he and his wife were having an anniversary and they had an overflow of guests and he needed a place for two of his guests to stay.

I told him I would not rent the rooms but he was welcome to use them.

Then he said his wife's daughter and "her friend" needed a place to stay.

Then it hit me:  I asked about this "friend."

He said his wife's daughter was a lesbian.

I told him I just couldn't have them staying in my house but if he had a married couple, they could use the rooms.

He thanked me and left.

Several years past.  I never saw him or his wife.  Then one day when I was taking out garbage, the wife was backing her car out of the garage a few feet away from me.  I stopped to talk with her.  I noticed she looked shocked to see me standing there.  Finally she rolled down the window.  I asked about Bernard.  She said he "passed away."  I was shocked and told her how sorry I was to hear that.

She then said in a very strong voice, "I want to talk to you."

I told her I would be happy to talk with her anytime.

She said she would come over to my house that night.

I prepared wine and cheese and turned on the back porch light. 

I waited, expecting her to come at any moment.

But she didn't come to my house nor did she call me.

Then I realized she was combatant when she said she wanted to talk with me.  It was apparently to attack me on the lesbian subject.

I believe God spared me this confrontation.

I've never seen her since that time and that has been 3 or 4 years ago.


*****

Isaiah 54:17    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.


*****

I have another example of evil intended against me and God using the evil to work for good for me.

A young man, who is likely homosexual, became angry with me.  He turned me into IRS (USA tax investigators)

They made appointment to come to my house to audit my income tax records.

I wasn't concerned about this audit, for at that time I only took a salary of $400 a month, and I was careful to file all tax information on the required IRS forms.

The day of the audit, two tax people arrived at my house and I greeted them.  I told them they were welcome to take all cancelled checks with them to review my income. 

When I said that, one of the agents expressed surprise. 

She said, "Did you hear that?  She said we can have her cancelled checks." 

(Apparently it was unusual for anyone to offer this to an IRS Agent.)

I told her if there was anything wrong, it was a mistake and I would correct it by paying tax and penalty.

About 2 weeks later, I met with the auditors. 

I asked if they found anything wrong.

The man said he did not find anything wrong.

He did ask me about social security.  He noticed the ministry did not pay tax on me personally.

I told him I signed a "vow of poverty" form with IRS when the ministry was established. 

This meant I would never be able to receive social security payments and I would not have any medical insurance when I got older.  The ministry didn't have much money at that time so we couldn't afford to pay this tax on my wages.

He said there was no record of a "vow of poverty" filed with IRS so if I wanted to do so I could buy back into social security for $8,000. 

We had much more money at the time of this audit, so I told him I did want to do that and I wrote out a check immediately for this tax to buy back and we entered into the USA Social Security program.

About 10-years later, I began to receive monthly social security checks of $500 per month so I stopped taking salary from ministry.

A few years after that, I fell over a box and broke my hip and had to have operation and that resulted in need to stay in rehabilitation hospital for one month.  Social Security paid for the operation and the hospital stay.  It was likely several hundred thousand dollars.

While the young man who was angry with me meant what he did for evil against me, God turned it for good!


*****

Sometimes God causes the weapon they imagined against a servant of God to be used against the inventor of that weapon.

Esther 3:1-2    After these things did king Ahasuerus promote Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, and advanced him, and set his seat above all the princes that were with him. And all the king's servants, that were in the king's gate, bowed, and reverenced Haman: for the king had so commanded concerning him. But Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence.

Mordecai was a servant of God.  Mordecai reverenced God.

At one point Haman hated Mordecai so much he even built gallows to use to hang Mordecai.

But God caused Mordecai to be exalted and caused Haman to be hung on his own gallows.


*****

When we are called by God and serve HIM all things are possible.

And even unto death we serve HIM.  If God chooses to allow us to be destroyed by man, we know God will raise us up so even in that we have a victory.

I've had many times in my life that a human has set out to do me harm, but God has stopped the plan, or turned the plan to my good, or used the plan to HIS own purpose.

Have faith in God.  Serve Him in truth.  Continue in the way HE shows you even unto death.

God will raise you up.


*****