Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A GREAT VOICE


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Revelation 1:9-10    I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

That voice is like a trumpet blowing words into your ear.

Paul heard that voice on the road to Damascus.

Acts 9:1-5    And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,  And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

And he said, Who art thou, Lord?

And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.


*****

I heard that "great voice" that is like the sound of a trumpet, on January 10, 1980.

I was asleep in the night and a trumpet-like voice sounded 3 words into my ear:

"Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I jumped out of bed and wrote KWJS on a notepad, not wanting to forget those letters, which I thought might be either radio or TV.

At the time this happened, I had closed my shop the previous July and was waiting for my assignment, for God to show me what direction I was to take in the ministry.  I waited for 6-months with no view of which type of vehicle I was to use for the work.

By that trumpet-like voice, I felt God was showing me what to do.

KWJS turned out to be a radio station. 

I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."

Immediately, the following gentle thought came into my mind:

"Call the radio station manager."

That morning, as soon as I thought the business office would be open for KWJS radio, I called and asked to speak to the station manager.

I said to him:  "God might be showing me to go on radio."  And I asked him:  "How would you do that?"

He replied for me to make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and if I fit their programming, he would offer me a contract.

As soon as I got off the phone, I took my tape recorder and recorded an audition tape and mailed it that same day to the radio station manager.

Within 5-days, I was broadcasting daily on radio KWJS.

(Within a year, I was on radio from Hartford (NYC) to Seattle.)

When I read the Bible and it talks about "a great voice" or the voice of an angel, I think of that which happened to me to put me on radio in 1980.


*****

When Jesus returns, HE will come with a shout and with the voice of the archangel, the trump of God.  I have no doubt of the power that will be in that great voice.  It is a voice that has the power to wake the dead, which is exactly what it will do!

I Thessalonians 4:13-17     But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (precede) them which are asleep.

For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.


*****

Revelation 1:7    Behold, HE cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see HIM, and they also which pierced HIM: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of HIM. Even so, Amen.


*****

Revelation 21:1-5    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be HIS people, and God HIMSELF shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And HE that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.



*****