Monday, January 8, 2018

Excerpt: Psalm 81


4-5   For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob.

This HE ordained in Joseph for a testimony, when he went out through the land of Egypt: where I heard a language that I understood not.





Comments by Joan Boney: 

When you know Bible and spend your life reading Bible and doing what God shows you to do by HIS Spirit, those things spoken by humans and reported on TV sound so strange.  Many times when I check the secular news headlines, I have no idea what they are talking about.  I rarely read the story behind the headlines for I know by Bible what is coming upon this present earth.

The people who do not know God are like leaves blowing in the wind.  They go by their own ideas and by the wisdom of other humans  and they bounce around one way then another.  Their "good works" are often opposite to what the Bible says. 

We are so blessed by God in that HE revealed HIMSELF to us and caused us to be born again by HIS Spirit.  HE teaches us and guides us and even shows us things to come by HIS Spirit.  John 14:26 & John 16:13



***** 

Psalm 81:8-16    Hear, O MY people, and I will testify unto thee:

O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto ME;
There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god.

I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

But MY people would not hearken to MY voice; and Israel would none of ME.

So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels.

Oh that MY people had hearkened unto ME, and Israel had walked in MY ways!

I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned MY hand against their adversaries.

The haters of the LORD should have submitted themselves unto HIM: but their time should have endured for ever.

HE should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee.


*****