Sunday, January 14, 2018

The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There are so many religious people who do not have the Spirit of God in them.

They are always off ... a little ... like a radio station that is not fully tuned in.

A few years ago, I wrote a story showing the power of God.

In those years, I was building a house in Clovis, NM (USA).  I wanted contractor to put two windows in an upstairs storage room but he said it could not be done.  They were framing the house at the time.

A few days after making this request, my mother and I were driving on a street across from the construction site and I noticed two windows had been framed out exactly as I had asked contractor to do.

I went to contractor and thanked him for adding these two windows.

He then told me he didn't add them.  A very strong wind came along and blew the holes into the framing just where I wanted the windows.

I then said, "So can you put windows there?"

He said, "I guess we can."

And he did.

I told this story on a radio broadcast that I was doing at that time in Lubbock, Texas, where I was then living.

A woman wrote to me and told me she and her husband were getting ready to make a trip to Clovis (100 miles away) and while they were there she was going by to see those windows.

I was horrified.  She missed the whole point, so far as I could tell.

It is sort of like people who choose to visit Israel, calling it the "holy" land, and are caught up in where Jesus walked when HE lived on this earth... flesh and not spirit.


*****

John 3:1-8    There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.



*****

I Corinthians 2:4-16     And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit:

for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 


*****