Wednesday, December 13, 2023

πŸ’₯ Seeking the will of God in all things.



Seek God by prayer:

God says to us:

Psalm 32:8  I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with MINE eye.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Begin every project with prayer, seeking God's guidance:

(Whether cooking a beef stew or building a house: Start by getting still and talking to God.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Build your faith that God will help you: 

"Is it YOUR will for me to do this?  Please stop me if it isn't."

(God often brings scripture to my mind to show me whether or not to pursue a project.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

(Promises from God)

Psalm 31:24  Be of good courage, and  shall HE strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Is our hope in God or in another human?

When we decided to change cars recently.  I thought of my neighbor and let her know what we were doing and we were going to sell our old car and the price we were asking.  She was very interested and came down immediately and drove the car.  I really thought she would buy the car.  She drove it multiple times. When she decided not to buy it, I think I was a little disappointed.  I think I put my hope in her and in my thinking.  I repented asking God to forgive me and to cleanse me of all unrighteousness.

In such times, I often pray Psalm 51:10  “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”

In our search for a car that fit our needs, we drove several cars.  At the Lincoln dealer we met a young car sales woman who told us regardless of the new car we chose to buy, Lincoln would buy our old car.

We ended up selling the car to Lincoln for $30,000.  

Surely we could have gotten a little more for it, 3-5 thousand perhaps, but it seemed better to us to deal with Lincoln and not have to advertise and struggle with humans and to be free to go on with working in that to which we are assigned by God, doing writings and recording exhortations for the church, and to be finished with this temporary issue and move forward in peace doing the assignment God gave us, freeing our mind in this secular matter. 

If we accept less, will we have enough?  I believe so.  God keeps assuring me, by bringing to my mind that HE will provide all our needs.  Philippians 4:19  Paul says: But my God will supply all your needs.

($5,000 more is certainly not going to save me in that which is coming upon this earth, but God will.)

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind (prayer and Bible reading), that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Many years ago, I had a word which I believed to be from God:  "Choose less rather than more."  

In the changing of cars, God gave me the following scriptures to show me HIS will and to give me confidence to do what I did.

Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.

(I always know God can stop me if it would not be good for me to do this thing.)

I Timothy 6:17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

(We must not trust in our savings account but in God.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯