Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Podcast: Abstain from all appearance of evil. (I Thess. 5:22)

 
 
 
 
Do we do evil things when no one else is watching?

Do we think we hide from God?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The world will hate us unless we are like the world. 

If we show support for their sin by going to dinner with them, they will cling to us, flaunting before us their sin.

I do not show friendships to homosexuals or lesbians, or adulterers, or fornicators.  While I care about them, I cannot go with them to the barbeque.  Instead I share what God says about the sins and they usually don't want to be around me any more.  However, some even try to be friends with me, while knowing my support for the scriptures which show their sins.  But I avoid them.

James 4:4  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I Thessalonians 5

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16 Rejoice evermore.  (Rejoice in the Word of God)

17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesyings.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is HE that calleth you, WHO also will do it.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
2 Corinthians 6

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be MY people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be MY sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯