Sunday, December 24, 2023

Podcast: Sexual sins in the church

 

 
 
It is a terrible thing when sexual sins occur inside the church group.  I have personally been propositioned for sex more by church going men than I ever was by men in this world.

Recently a Baptist woman told me there were sexual sins going on in the small Baptist church in the 1950's when we were in high school and many of the teenagers knew of these sins in the Baptist church group.

I had no idea this was happening until she told me of this a few weeks ago.  I didn't attend any church group when I was a young person.  I didn't even keep company with young people at school.  I just wanted to finish high school and escape to college!  So I missed a lot of things that were questionable and were going on in high school even in the early 1950's.  I have no doubt that it is worse today, but we shouldn't be expecting to see this inside a church group, although I know it is in churches today.

The apostle Paul says to put these evil doers out of the church.  

I Corinthians 5

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

13 ... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

I find people within the church group mostly gossip with other church people about sins in the church and they fail to take godly action against the "brother" who sins but they end up sinning themselves by gossiping.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯