Thursday, December 21, 2023

Podcast: Fighting to hold on to God when you are discouraged

 
 
 
 
Revelation 12:12 ...  Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Recently, for several days, devils fought against me causing me to have to fight to hold on.  I would fight and be all right and then a wave of depression would hit me again and I had to make myself hold on to God and not let go and not give in to depression.

I think the end times will bring torments to us and we must be "strong in the Lord", strong in the Word and strong in the power of God.

Torments come to me when I see the evil ways of people of the world and especially evils of people who attend churches and say "Jesus is Lord", but they do not live by the Word of God, the Holy Bible.

We must uphold the Word even when they live by evils, opposite to the Word.

Ephesians 6

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of HIS might.

(Be strong "in the Lord", in the Word, in the promises of God, and in HIS power, not in your own power.)

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Some Christians are naive, thinking they know so much they will never fall.

I know we live in very deceptive and dangerous times.

I slipped into a trap by visiting with a long time Baptist who brought great discouragement to me.  I then had to claw my way back.  Those things she spoke kept coming back to me for several days and I was grieved and very sad.

2 Timothy 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯