Wednesday, December 27, 2023

πŸ’₯ Faith in God


Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When God speaks to us, then we have the basis for faith to make choices in the way we will go.

Examples:

πŸ’₯  I fell in my house in Texas in December, 2018.  I was on the floor in my hallway and to get to phone I would have to crawl approximate 8 ft.  My left hip and left wrist were badly broken.  The pain was severe.  I didn't think I could do it.  But if I didn't I would likely die there for no one was due to come to my house until the following Monday.  Then I heard these words from the Holy Spirit which came into my mind:  "You can do this."  Because of this word, which I knew was from God by HIS Spirit, I began to crawl.  The pain was so severe that I could only crawl about a inch at a time and it took me 4 1/2 hours to reach the phone.  When I tried to pull the phone line to get the cradle to fall onto the floor, the receiver squirted off and I never saw it again.  But a Kindle tablet was on the floor recharging and I managed to send an email:  "Fell ... need help ... send ambulance."  (Pam Padgett in Colorado saw the email and got help to come to my house by calling the police department in Lubbock, Texas, where I was living at that time.)

The apostle Paul explains:  I can do all things through Christ (the Word) which strengtheneth me.  (Philippians 4:13)

God saved my life by sending HIS Word by HIS Spirit that day.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  In September, 2022, Pam Padgett was diagnosed with advanced bladder cancer.  The doctor said she would be dead in approximately 1 or 2 years unless they operated and removed her bladder after chemotherapy.  Then she would have to use catheters the remainder of her life.  This was a terrible prospect!  So Pam prayed asking God to provide another way to deal with this.  About 10 days later she read the following written by The American Society of Clinical Oncology:  "An approach using chemotherapy with radiation therapy may provide the same benefits as bladder removal." 

Pam believed this was an answer to her prayer.  But how could she get the various doctors to agree to changing their plan from surgery to radiation?

 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯