Friday, December 15, 2023

πŸ’₯ If we suffer with HIM, we will also reign with HIM. (2 Tim. 2:12)

 
2 Timothy 2

11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with HIM, we shall also live with HIM:

12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with HIM: if we deny HIM, HE also will deny us:

13 If we believe not, yet HE abideth faithful: HE cannot deny Himself.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We suffer with Christ (the Word), each time we choose to let The Word reign over our own flesh, keeping our flesh under the control of The Word. Our flesh suffers when it does not get to do or say that which it wants to do or say.

We suffer when we see sins of the world which are against the Bible.

We suffer each time we bring godly correction, presenting the Word of God for we know when we do this they will often hate and despise us and speak evil of us.  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Philippians 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When we are lowered into the water in baptism, it is like being buried with Christ.  When we come out of the water, it is like being raised with Christ.

We keep our flesh under the control of the Word of God, keeping our own flesh crucified with that Word.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯