Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Podcast: Being friends with unbelievers?

 

 
 
I care very much about 3 individuals who are church goers but likely not really of God.  I find each time they show up briefly, the doors close quickly.  Often I am praying for help from God and usually they disappear for a season after I pray.  (I freely share scripture and things God has taught me when I am with them but there is no evidence that these things help them at all.)
 
Paul says:

I Corinthians 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

2 Corinthians 6

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

(After I was born again in 1975, I was so changed by God that I no longer had anything in common with the world or the people of the world whose interest was in worldly things and worldly achievements.  I just wanted to learn about God and be around people of God.  My previous interests vanished.)

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be MY people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you,

(I found this, verse 17, is what I had to do.  And when someone in the church group showed no real interest in hearing what God had done and no evidence they followed the Word of God, I found I couldn't be around such persons and had to leave them alone. I found many in churches who didn't have an interest in following God.  I believe it is in this scripture: 2 Timothy 3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. They attended church as I did.  They appeared to read the Bible and professed Jesus, The Word, to be their Lord.  But I could see they weren't really following the Word of God in their own lives.  So I ended up "turning away" from them as Paul said to do.)

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

On this Podcast, I will share with you 3 examples of trying to be friends with unbelieving members of Churches.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯