Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Psalm 114 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 When Israel went out of Egypt,
the house of Jacob from a people of strange language;
 

2 Judah was his sanctuary,
and Israel his dominion.
3 The sea saw it, and fled:
Jordan was driven back.
4 The mountains skipped like rams,
and the little hills like lambs.
 

5 What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest?
thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?
6 Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams;
and ye little hills, like lambs?
 

7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord,
at the presence of the God of Jacob;
8 Which turned the rock into a standing water,
the flint into a fountain of waters.



Comments by Joan Boney

1 When Israel went out of Egypt,
the house of Jacob from a people of strange language;


To me, the people of this world speak in "a strange language" ... a language I can't understand ...

Often when watching TV, I just turn the sound off and watch the picture ... sometimes I will play a CD and watch the picture ...

And sometime the things they say are so opposite to truth and God that I can't stand it and I mute the sound until they stop talking on TV.

As the people of Egypt speak a strange language in the ears of the children of Israel, the people of this world speak a strange language in our ears ... for the ways of the world are so different from the ways God has taught us, HIS people.

==========

There is a woman of a strange language who is very religious in her church group but she is not born again.  She kept calling me every week or so wanting me to go to lunch with her.  I often went with her.  God gave me the following word to describe this woman:  "self-righteous"

She thought herself to be a good person.  She thought many others to be foolish.  She was often scornful (mocking people, thinking herself right and them wrong) as she told how someone had done something and she set them straight, but all in her flesh not in the Spirit of God for she does not have the Spirit of God.

The last two or three times I went to eat with her, it became more and more difficult for me to hear what she said.  The last time I went to eat with her, I was so grieved over her that I had to go to my bed and do nothing at all but call out to God for deliverance from this woman.  The following morning I awoke with a message for this woman which I delivered by email:  "The time will come when you will see the way you have been going is totally wrong ... and you will be very 
ashamed." (I also sent Psalm 37 as the right way.)


After she read that email, she called me immediately and said:  "I don't understand that message."

I told her only God could give her understanding.

After that, this woman stopped calling me to see if I would go to lunch with her.

It was God's deliverance to me from this woman who spoke a strange language.

========= 


7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord,
at the presence of the God of Jacob;
8 Which turned the rock into a standing water,
the flint into a fountain of waters.


We who belong to God, having HIS Spirit, have a very small concept of the righteousness of God.

Moses was in the mountain with God for 40 days ... The righteousness of God was so strong it made Moses face glow so that the people couldn't stand looking at Moses.  Moses had to put a vail over his face for the people to stand him.

If something is terrible to us, who understand little, think how that sin is to God who deals in total righteousness.