Friday, May 8, 2015

God makes way of escape

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Genesis 41 ... Pharaoh dreamed a dream ... 17 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, In my dream, behold, I stood upon the bank of the river:18 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven kine, fatfleshed and well favoured; and they fed in a meadow:19 And, behold, seven other kine came up after them, poor and very ill favoured and leanfleshed, such as I never saw in all the land of Egypt for badness:20 And the lean and the ill favoured kine did eat up the first seven fat kine:21 And when they had eaten them up, it could not be known that they had eaten them; but they were still ill favoured, as at the beginning. So I awoke.

This thing was appointed by God, determined by God, and it was going to happen.

Joseph dealt wisely with the situation, with the wisdom given him by God.

Joseph knew there would be 7 years of good followed by 7 years of crop failure.

The dream showed that the lean kine ate up the fat kine and yet even after eating the fat the lean remained lean.  This matter was not going to be changed by anything man could do.  It was going to happen.

Joseph dealt wisely ... by storing grain during those 7 lean years.  Thereby he had a way to keep Egypt alive and even kept other nations alive for nations came to him to buy grain.  And God used this to bring Joseph's dream to pass where his father and brothers bowed down to Joseph.

I've seen some Christians deal very foolishly with fears caused by dreams ... some will quote scripture thinking to change the matter ... some will say, "God will never let that happen to me."

In such situations they may miss the plan of God completely.  God may have another way of escape.  Therefore when such things happen, we need to turn to God quickly, asking HIM if there is anything we should do ... opening our mind to God.

In WWII, before the war started, Hitler was showing himself and the Jewish people were beginning to suffer consequences.  Some fled to other countries.  Many stayed there thinking it would all work out.

These are examples of how important it is to turn to God in prayer, asking God what HE wants us to do!

There are a great many times during the past 30 years where offerings decreased and I was afraid.  I turned to God asking Him if I should try to get job in secular world or if there was anything HE wanted me to do.  The fear would vanish because I turned to God and trusted God to show me if HE wanted me to do anything.

We must be quick to turn to God with our fears and depend on God to show us what to do.