Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cannot allow a "good work" to draw you away from assignment given you by God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

One way the devil tries to draw us away from our assignment is by getting us to leave our assignment to do another "good work".

That is something to recognize and resist.

The devil appears as an "angel of light" ... making you think that you have seen something and causing you to do something ...

II Cor. 11 ... 12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

We who are of God and have been given an assignment must be faithful to God to do that assignment, resisting that which would take us away from that assignment.

For example:  I have told you of the Catholic woman who kept calling me and wanting me to go to lunch with her and how she greatly grieved me by her stories.  You may think it was good for me to be in a position to tell this woman the truth from God, but this woman did not want to hear of God nor HIS works.  She delighted in humans and wanted humans to be glorified.  After I delivered to her a message of truth, she left me alone for a season of a few weeks.  Then she called me.  She told me a story of the Catholic church which I found abominable.  I spoke against her story the next day.  So far, she has left me alone.

Thoughts will come to me that I should tell her such & such ... but I have resisted these thoughts.  I have told her truth three times and she did not delight in truth but continued in her own way.  To leave the work of God and become involved in telling her more truth which she does not want to hear, would be to fall into a trap of "good works" authored by the devil.  The main purpose of the devil would be to stop me from doing these writings which I am doing concerning the Old Testament scriptures and to get me to correct a person who does not want truth from God but delights in works of men and the Catholic church.

So I have resisted telling her more truths and have chosen to continue to look at these scriptures from OT and present them to the church by Internet to encourage the church in things of God and to encourage the church to read the Old Testament as well as the New Testament.

For I know the following:

I Cor. 10 ... 11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples:and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.