Sunday, May 24, 2015

Counsel from God revealed source of problem

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Nearly two years ago a severe thunderstorm with pounding hail came over the area where I live.  I noticed what could be signs of roof damage and called my insurance company.  Their representative told me to have a roofer inspect the roof.  The roofer who has done work for me in the past said the roof needed to be replaced.  He also met with the insurance adjuster and talked with the insurance company on the phone.  He said that my insurance company was willing to pay only for replacing some of the shingles. 

Because of some miscommunications, another roofer had also looked at the roof and said it needed to be replaced.  The insurance companies for neighbors all around me were paying to have new roofs installed because the hail damage was so significant.

It seemed to me that my insurance company was not paying for a new roof when they should.
 

I prayed, asking God what to do, and heard to ask the roofer to provide an estimate for a new roof, and for me to write the insurance company telling them I was asking the roofer to do this and explaining why I thought a new roof was needed. 

I sent an email to the insurance company as I heard to do.

But when I called the roofer and asked him to provide an estimate for a new roof, his response was very unexpected.  He said I was wasting his time because this would do no good.  I asked if he would just put together an estimate and I would submit it to the insurance company.  He then told me to find another roofer. Strangely, putting together an estimate was something he was unwilling to do. 

The second roofer who had looked at the roof was very willing to put together an estimate for a new roof.  It took him little time to do this.  I sent this estimate to the insurance company with a note letting them know I was now working with another roofer.

A few days after receiving my emails and the estimate, a man from the insurance company called to let me know the claim for a new roof was approved and a check was being prepared.  He also told me that he had told the first roofer to submit an estimate for a new roof, but the first roofer refused to do this and just argued with the insurance company. 

The problem had seemed large and complex before I prayed.  And I thought the insurance company was the source of the problem.  But when I heard from God and did what I heard, the problem was quickly untangled.  God's wisdom caused the source of the problem (the first roofer) to be revealed, and also caused that roofer to remove himself from the situation.  Amazing!  And the matter was resolved easily and quickly after this.