Sunday, May 31, 2015

Concerning dreams

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Concerning dreams ... I sincerely thought all dreams were from God...

But I began to question this recently as I spent time in OT ... and saw there are "false dreams" ... Jeremiah 23
 
God says ...  28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord. 29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? 
 
30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that steal my words every one from his neighbour. 
 
31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that use their tongues, and say, He saith. 
 
32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them:therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord.

Also I was reading Jeremiah 29 and saw the following
 
8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed. 9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name:I have not sent them, saith the Lord.
 
Jeremiah 14:14 ...   Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Certainly many dreams are from God ... and if they come to pass we know they are from God ...

But I see from scripture false dreams and now dreams of their own heart ... especially the "diviners" who are sometimes in the church groups and look like prophets (often they speak by a familiar spirit and not by the Spirit of God as do real prophets of God)... Those "diviners" who are often mistaken for prophets in the church, want to be wise in their own eyes and have a great desire to be viewed as wise by others.