Thursday, May 14, 2015

Psalm 102 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 Hear my prayer, O Lord,
and let my cry come unto thee.
 

2 Hide not thy face from me
in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me:
in the day when I call answer me speedily.
 

3 For my days are consumed like smoke,
and my bones are burned as an hearth.
4 My heart is smitten, and withered like grass;
so that I forget to eat my bread.
5 By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin.
6 I am like a pelican of the wilderness:
I am like an owl of the desert.
7 I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
8 Mine enemies reproach me all the day;
and they that are mad against me are sworn against me.
 

9 For I have eaten ashes like bread,
and mingled my drink with weeping,
10 Because of thine indignation and thy wrath:
for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down.
 

11 My days are like a shadow that declineth;
and I am withered like grass.
 

12 But thou, O Lord, shalt endure for ever;
and thy remembrance unto all generations.
 

13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion:
for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.
 

14 For thy servants take pleasure in her stones,
and favour the dust thereof.
 

15 So the heathen shall fear the name of the Lord,
and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
16 When the Lord shall build up Zion,
he shall appear in his glory.


17 He will regard the prayer of the destitute,
and not despise their prayer.

 

18 This shall be written for the generation to come:
and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord.

 

19 For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary;
from heaven did the Lord behold the earth;
20 To hear the groaning of the prisoner;
to loose those that are appointed to death
;
21 To declare the name of the Lord in Zion,
and his praise in Jerusalem;
 

22 When the people are gathered together,
and the kingdoms, to serve the Lord.
23 He weakened my strength in the way;
he shortened my days.
24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days:
thy years are throughout all generations.
 

25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth:
and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure:
yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment;
as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
 

27 But thou art the same,
and thy years shall have no end.
28 The children of thy servants shall continue,
and their seed shall be established before thee
.



Comments by Joan Boney  

We know how the world comes to an end ... but many do not know this.

Here is the way the heavens and the earth ends.

II Peter 3 ... 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Joel 2 ...  1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness,
as the morning spread upon the mountains: ... 10 The earth shall quake before them;
the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark,
and the stars shall withdraw their shining:


The people of the world, in their perceived wisdom, often say:  "Everyone dies."

But this is not true.

The apostle Paul explains:

I Cor. 15 ... 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (die), but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump:for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

One of the most misquoted scriptures in the Bible is Jn. 8:31-32

I'm sure many who misquote and misuse this concept don't even know it is from the Bible

I've seen this on the front of library buildings:  The truth shall make you free.  implying truth is from the books inside the library.

But we know the scripture:

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.  Jn. 8

People of this world also misuse Romans 8:28 ... They often say, "Everything works for good."  (again many who say this don't know this is from the Bible)

But the everything working for good applies to those persons who are the called of God.

Romans 8 ... 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called:and whom he called, them he also justified:and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

A TV announcer speaking of Abraham Lincoln attributed the following saying to Lincoln.  "A house divided will not stand"

This was spoken by Jesus ... Matthew 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: