Friday, May 1, 2015

Giving your best to God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Malachi 1 ... 6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour?and if I be a master, where is my fear?saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name.
 

And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?
 

7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee?
In that ye say, The table of the Lord is contemptible.
8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil?
offer it now unto thy governor;
will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the Lord of hosts.


If we had an honored guest in to dinner, what would we serve that guest?

We would serve the very best we could possibly afford to serve or manage to get.

How do we treat God?  Do we give God our leftovers or do we make all possible arrangements to give God our very best?

Do we give God ourselves at our best time daily ... or do we do important things and then when we have worn ourselves completely out sit down and read Bible or blog.

I am very jealous of my "best" time daily ... My best time is when I awaken each morning.  I want that best time to be spent with God.  (I carefully keep that time for God, not making appointments for secular things until later in day when I will be worn out.) 

I wouldn't think of reading newspaper or turning on TV to see what is happening in world as many do when they awaken each morning.

Each morning, I want a fresh start with the Word of God to see what God would show me.  That is the best I can do at the best (freshest) time I have to focus.

When I read about the polluted offerings in Malachi I thought of this.  I thought of people who just go through the motions of being with God.  I thought of the people who quickly read the blog or Bible and then go on as quickly as possible to something important.  They have their reward.

Nothing is more precious to me than the mornings when I am fresh and can sit down with Bible or scriptures in blog and see what God says.

This morning I opened Bible and it was at Psalm 1 ... I was trying to go to II John ...  As I started to turn to II John, I thought, "Why not read Psalm 1 again before going there." So I began looking at Psalm 1.

Blessed is the man
that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.


Yesterday I was going to Costco store.  I was on a freeway and I noticed the noise was terrible.  My tires were very noisy.  It would be terrible to actually go anywhere in my car.  I only go to grocery but if I ever had to get out on road it would be terrible because of the road noise from the tires.  I felt despondent for I had just purchased these tires.  When I purchased tires, I didn't even think of road noise.  The car rides well with the tires.  Maybe I could go back to the tire store and trade these tires for quite tires.

When I looked at Psalm 1, concerning not walking in the counsel of the ungodly ... I recalled how a day or so earlier, I had seen a commercial on TV (the ungodly) where a man talking about tires and was advertising a brand of tires that was very quiet.

I've had these new tires for more than a month and never noticed noise before.  What is going on.  Then I realized the portion of the road I was on yesterday was a section with many underpasses and it would produce road noise unlike solid highway.

The noise was not from the tires.  The noise was from that section of road.

The truth delivered me and corrected my thinking and spared me and cleaned me up!

==========

Then I turned to II John ... It is full of delighting in truth.

The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; 2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.


Truth is always from God ... lies are always from devil.

Jesus speaking to the Pharisees ... 

Jn. 8 ...  44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own:for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I focused on the word "truth" and it's meaning.

- in accordance with fact or reality
- accurate or exact
- faithful
- honest
- accurate, without variation
- accurately representing real events
- correct in all details, exact
- meticulously careful and free from errors
- faithfully or fairly representing the situation or story

Done with care ... root of accurate

When we speak, do we speak in truth?  Or do we alter the story a little to protect the listener or dramatize the story?

One is of God ... the alteration is of devil.

Jesus said:  Jn. 8

I speak to the world those things I have heard of (from) HIM (the Father) .

... I do nothing of Myself but as My father hath taught me, I speak these things.

This glorifies God when we speak what God says.  When we alter the story we glorify ourselves, our own wisdom.

These are the things God brought forth to me this morning as I sat down with HIM and let HIM lead me.