Sunday, May 3, 2015

Psalm 91 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
 

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in him will I trust.

 

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,
and from the noisome pestilence.
 

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
 

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night;
nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness;
nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
 

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side,
and ten thousand at thy right hand;
but it shall not come nigh thee.
 

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold
and see the reward of the wicked.
 

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge,
even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee,
neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee,
to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands,
lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
 

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:
the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
 

14 Because he hath set his love upon ME, therefore will I deliver him:
I will set him on high, because he hath known MY name.
 

15 He shall call upon ME, and I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him
, and honour him.
 

16 With long life will I satisfy him,
and shew him my salvation.



Comments by Joan Boney  

The week when I was writing this exhortation to Psalm 91, I had two problems happening simultaneous.   One was with a woman on our small church mailing list who was allowing devils to speak through her mouth.  The other was concerning a woman who is not born again who kept asking me to go to lunch while she does not care to hear the name of God mentioned and would shudder when I mentioned God and told of how God had helped me with something.  (yet she kept calling me)

Concerning the woman in our church group, God reminded me of how she came forth when she saw a need and offered help to me several years ago.  I didn't ask her for help.  She was able to provide for the need and came and offered the provision.  This is to her credit. So instead of thinking of what she was doing, I thought on this, how she saw a need and came forth to meet that need.  She even said, "How could I not do this for I had what was needed and I couldn't just sit there doing nothing."  That is exactly the description of love in I Jn. 3 ... 16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us:and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

==========

Concerning the other woman who is not born again and was greatly troubling me with her words when we went to eat ...  I was crying out to God in prayer.  Diligently I was seeking God.  I knew I needed to get away from her but I didn't know how to stop going to eat with her when she called me.  I needed God's way.  I needed "deliverance" but deliverance has to come God's way.  We can't get away by our own plan.  It has to be God's plan of escape.  I was begging God to help me.  And HE did!

I awoke the next morning after praying all day about this problem, with the following letter for this woman ...

"Someday you are going to realize the way you are going is the totally wrong way. And you will be so ashamed.  I know ... because I once did what you do."

Here is the right way:  

Psalm 37

1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers,
neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
and wither as the green herb.
 
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
 
4 Delight thyself also in the Lord;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
 
5 Commit thy way unto the Lord;
trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
and thy judgment as the noonday.
 
7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
 
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:


This woman is the most angry, scornful woman I've ever seen.   God said to me:  "self-rightous"  ... This woman is not born again and is very religious and sets about to set people straight in her own way of thinking and attacks people continually.

The day she got my email, she called me.  She said, "I don't understand this message."  I told her only God could give her understanding.  But this message shows the right way to go.  She even called me a second time.  I told her the same thing again.  I told her if she really wanted to understand, to ask God to explain it to her.

At one point I told her I knew she didn't "commit her way to God" ... I told her I know she doesn't pray over whether or not to do something.  I told her she thinks she knows what to do without asking God.

She grew very quiet and said, "That's right ..." 

This message frees me.  Her blood will not be on my hands.  I have spoken the truth to her.  

And unless she turns to God with this, I don't think she will be calling me anymore, asking me to go eat with her.

But I do think my words to her to be prophetic.  I think the time will come that she will see she is going the wrong way and when she does see, she will be ashamed at those things she has done in the past. (and when that happens, she will be saved!)

==========

My prayers to God were answered by God.  God delivered me, and in HIS way of deliverance, as I committed the problem to HIM and waited for HIM to show me the exact way to deal with the problem.

Psalm 91 ...  3 Surely HE shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,

The "fowler" were the words spoken by this woman when we went to eat.  I was being contaminated by her words.

I Cor. 15 ... 33 Be not deceived:evil communications corrupt good manners.

I would be so upset by what she said that I couldn't read Bible or do my work in exhorting the church.  I was so prayerful.  I didn't want to say the wrong thing to her.  If I spoke at all, I wanted my words to be from God.  So mostly I said nothing.  

I would be so grieved by her words of scorn against people that I would just have to come home and go to bed and stay there until God raised me up.  I knew this had to stop but I didn't know how to stop it until God awoke me with the exact message to deliver to her to stop her.

I delivered that message in the spirit of meekness, submitted to God to do HIS will, prayerfully checking to have it confirmed to me that this message was the message God wanted delivered.  I tried the spirits to be sure it was the Spirit of God behind the message.  Then I delivered the message.

==========

Psalm 91 ...  15 He shall call upon ME, and I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him
, and honour him.