Tuesday, March 21, 2023

πŸ’₯ Prayer: Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10)

 
(Comments by Barbara Preston:  Member of body of Christ)

Recently I became annoyed with my son over something trivial and, afterwards, when I would think about talking to him, I could feel that irritation rising up again.

I knew if I talked to him with this in my heart that I would end up sounding annoyed and causing a problem of some sort.

I didn’t want to feel like this but my flesh did and I knew I couldn’t overcome this by myself, without help from God.

So I turned to God and prayed:

Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

What I found, in the situation with my son, is after a while when I would think about conversing with him, that my heart had softened towards him and I no longer felt the irritation.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Last night my son called and I was so happy that I could pick up the phone and talk to him with a good heart.

I could not have brought this change about in my heart without turning to God and asking God to create in me a clean heart.

God softened my heart and made peace possible.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Psalm 23:3  HE restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Ezekiel 36  (God says)

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:

27 And I will put MY spirit within you, and cause you to walk in MY statutes, and ye shall keep MY judgments, and do them.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯