Thursday, March 30, 2023

πŸ’₯ Keep yourself ready for the coming of Jesus.


Jesus says: 

Matthew 24

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Jesus says:

* Watch

* Be ready

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The apostle Peter tells us how we are to live in order that we can be ready when Jesus returns.

2 Peter 3

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

This is a very serious exhortation for us to live by.  We do not know the day nor the hour of Jesus' return.  So this means we must live continually "in peace, without spot, and blameless".

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯   In Peace:  At all times, day and night we connect with God through prayer.  We must learn to do the following:

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I have a mild case of the eye disease, glaucoma.  So I go in to have eye pressure checked yearly.  And they control the pressure by having me take daily eyes drops in each eye.

There is an eye test called Field Vision which tells them if there is any loss in vision.  But I've been going to doctor yearly since approximately 1995 and they give that test to me yearly but never have they changed the treatment.  I have taken the same eye drops for the past 28 years.

Before going to my current doctor, I made an agreement with him that I would not have to take a Field test.

This past week, was my second appointment.  His technician took some pictures of my eyes.  Then he talked with me.  He showed me the picture.  (I really hate looking at x-rays of body parts!) I tried not to look.  Then he told me he really wanted me to take the Field Test.  (It frightened me!)  I had prayed that he would not want to do anything to me unless it was really necessary. Then he said it was "my choice".  And I did not have to take it.  (I declined.)

Then he asked me would I rather come in every three months or every six months ... and I said, "Every year."  This seemed to surprise him and he gasped a little and then laughed.

(My previous eye doctor told me that I only have a mild glaucoma and didn't need to come in more than yearly.)

This doctor agreed to no Field Test and yearly appointments.

I truly felt a little sorry for him.  When I left his office it seemed he felt a little "needless" except for giving me a prescription for eye drops.

That night, I prayed that if I needed to take the Field test for God to change my mind and I would do so but it just seems so useless since none of my 6 eye doctors ever changed the eye treatment after I took the test.  

I think I just wanted to make him feel that he was doing a work that was needed.

And I realize he cause me to have fear by showing me the x-ray although I tried not to look at it.  Fear went into my heart because I don't believe there is a treatment for this disease.  So as soon as I realized I had fear, I prayed, "God please don't allow me to lose my vision as long as I am on this earth."

After I prayed, peace returned.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  Without spot:

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind (through prayer and Bible reading), that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Julia Child was a very famous chef and writer of books of French cooking.  In the 1970, dietitians began saying foods with fats were bad for you.  Her popularity began to diminish because one of the reasons her foods taste so good was because it had lots of butter in the food.  So they began to urge people to cut back on butter.  After the year 2020, I heard a TV medical person say we need some fat in our diet.

The doctor put my dad on a low salt diet.  He was in the hospital.  When I visited him, he said to me how much he would like to have some fried chicken.  I took some to him.  He began to improve.  Doctor said, "I think we need to put more salt in your diet."

People often say things that are reversed later.

We have to be very cautious concerning taking in saying of humans.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  Blameless:

We must prove our doctrines by prayer and by Bible reading.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

If we find we have wronged another person, God will often have me tell them and ask them to forgive me.  After I was born again, God had me go to several people that I had wronged and tell them I repent and ask them to please allow me to make restitution financially.  In one case, I sold a necklace which was questionable, possibly having a treated turquoise stone.  I tried to get her to let me buy that necklace back.  But she was happy with the necklace and did not want to sell it. I was sure I was cleared by making the offer. 

If we have spread a false doctrine and we find out we were wrong, we might need to correct our statement.  I have been so careful with scripture, speaking that which I believed God showed me about the scripture.

When I recognized the wrong in the Faith Movement doctrine, I told my radio audience what I now saw about this point of doctrine.

We must have a love of the truth, a love of the Word of God.  Many will be "damned" because they did not love the truth.  They stayed in a church group where they knew some doctrines at that church were opposite to Bible.  They showed they loved the church more than they loved the Word of God.

2 Thessalonians 2

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

We must be found by Jesus when HE returns to be at peace, without spot, and blameless.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯