Saturday, March 25, 2023

πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett: The power that came from God.

 
(From Pam Padgett:  Member of the body of Christ)

When I was a sophomore in high school, one of the boys in our class was killed in a motorcycle accident.  Before this happened, it had never occurred to me that someone my age could die.  
 
I was terrified, for I "knew", put in my heart by God, that if I had died when Tommy died I would have gone to hell.  

It was also strongly put in my heart that my only hope was God.   

I had been raised in the Catholic church and attended several years of Catholic school, learning the various rituals taught in the Catholic church.  But when I realized I could die, it was clear to me that none of the rituals I had been taught could save me, and nothing I could do could save me.  My only hope was God. 

So I started to pray, but then realized I didn't know "who" I should pray to ... the Father, Son, or the Holy Spirit .  It was critical to me that I make my petition properly, for God was my only hope.   So I asked that my prayer get to the "right one".  

Then I asked that if there was any way for me to be saved, that God would do that.

I had no idea what would happen to me, if God would save me or not.  But it was in HIS hands.  

There was nothing I could do. 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 
 
Not long after this I began to recognize that there was "something of God in me".  
 
An example is that one day I was talking with some girls in my class and one girl said "I bet none of you know what I did yesterday afternoon."  Immediately I "knew" that she had gone to Tommy's grave and I said this to her.  She said that was correct and that I must have seen her there.  

I tried to explain that I hadn't seen her there, but they didn't seem to hear me and went on with their conversation.  There was no way I could have known this, except that God had given me this knowledge.  (Spiritual gift:  Word of knowledge ... I Cor. 12:8)
 
Much later I came to believe this was a "word of knowledge".

I Corinthians 12:7-8  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
When I went to college a few years later a friend gave me a Bible and I loved reading it.  While reading in I Corinthians two verses stood out to me as follows:
 
I Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

I Corinthians 6:19   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Now I knew it was the Holy Spirit of God that was in me!  


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯