Saturday, March 18, 2023

πŸ’₯ If I speak this, will it edify the other person in the way of God?

 
Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

To me, "edify" means:  to build in spiritual truth and grace

As we participate in things of this world, we often take into our hearts clever sayings of man which are sometimes not even true.

That which I take into my heart will grow there and at sometime bear fruit unless I root it up by the Word of God.

So we learn to be careful concerning that which we allow to grow in our heart knowing it will come out our mouth.

Our own flesh which desires to be wise and clever also makes room for corrupt things to come out of our mouth.

So we must watch what we allow into our heart and evaluate that which we desire to speak by asking ourselves, "If I speak this, will it edify the other person, building them in the Word of God, in faith in the Word of God, in the grace of God?  or does it just puff me up?"


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯