Saturday, November 26, 2022

πŸ’₯ Salvation is through our believing what God has done.

A woman in our little church group was shown by God that she had no charity toward me when I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 months in Texas.  She agreed with this and apologized to me.  With that she was born again!

But things continued to go wrong with her.

What God showed me was this:  The key is what God did when HE showed her she had no charity.  She repented and apologized to me.  The focal point is in what God did.  God communicated with her to show her the truth, causing her to be born again.

But she continued in her old way of trying to do something, some "good work".  That was of her and not of God.

There is a very subtle difference between thinking of what God did ... and of thinking of what we have done as good works.

(In heaven God will judge our works whether they be "good" or "bad".  Trust in God's works for they are good.")

Salvation is of God.  Not of ourselves.

When God does a work to show us something, communicating with us, we are born again, created into the image of God.

God reveals sin to us to save us, then we know we belong to God.

Trust in God's works.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When I think of my own salvation ... God spoke to me and said:  "Joan, you know those mistakes you've been making all these years.  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

With that word I was born again.  God spoke to me and showed me my sins.  

Salvation is of God.  What God did!

Another example: 

Matthew 16:13

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, HE asked HIS disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but MY Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build MY church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

(Peter was blessed because God gave him The Word on the matter, revealing truth to Peter.  The rock upon which the church is built is The Word which God brings down to us from heaven.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

John 14  (Jesus said)

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in ME.

2 In MY Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by ME.

(Jesus, THE WORD, is the way to go.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

But many in churches try to do their own idea of "good works" without actually having heard from God.

Matthew 7  (Jesus said)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in THY name? and in THY name have cast out devils? and in THY name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from ME, ye that work iniquity.

(But one thing I know.  God spoke to me revealing to me my sin.  The work of God saved me.  And my works after that God will judge, whether they be good or bad.  But it was the fact that God spoke to me making me HIS child by HIS WORD which HE spoke to me, and that will stand.)

Salvation is of God and not of ourselves.

2 Corinthians 5

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of HIM.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯