Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Podcast: As we wait for the return of Jesus, how should we wait?

 
 
 
 
As born again Christians, we are dead to this world and our life is in Christ as we wait for HIM.

The day we were born again, we died to this world and the things of this world.  This world no longer is our life.  Now our life is in Christ (The Word) as we read the Bible and hear from the Holy Spirit of God concerning the will of God for us daily.

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Our flesh no longer rules over that which we do today but the Spirit of God rules over us keeping our flesh dead to this world.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And daily we ask God to fill that day with HIS will, and we follow HIM.

We come to understand that we are alive on this earth for the purpose of serving God as HIS children.

After we are born again, we are changed into new creatures.

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Ezekiel 36  (God says)

23 And I will sanctify MY great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put MY spirit within you, and cause you to walk in MY statutes, and ye shall keep MY judgments, and do them.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God spoke to me on the night of August 5, 1975 and completely changed me.  I was born again.  I no longer wanted to be with the people I had been with before.  I no longer wanted to do the things I did before.  Now I wanted to know about God.  I wanted to read the Bible.  I wanted to be with the people of God.

As I read the Bible, I would often see a specific scripture and set about to "do" that instruction in my life daily.  (being recreated into the image of Christ, The Word.)

And God gave me other instructions by bringing these to my mind by the Holy Spirit and I began doing these instructions in my life daily.  (being recreated into the image of Christ by doing the Word.)

And God taught me.  And I followed HIM.

When I didn't understand, God gave me understanding so I could do HIS will.

When I didn't know how to do something, I learned to ask God for wisdom.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

God led me into the life HE ordained for me on this earth and taught me what to do according to HIS will.

And my faith in God grew with each experience and still grows even at the age of nearly 85.

God said to me:  "One step at a time.  One step at a time.  It is enough."

So daily throughout the day, we pray, talking to God about things that trouble us.  And we grow to depend on God daily.  And even when we don't have the answers, we know that God will provide all our needs.  And we trust HIM. And God never fails us.  And that's how we come to live on this earth.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

As we wait for the return of Jesus we do what Peter said to do:

2 Peter 3:14   Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

We read the Bible.  We set our route by the Word of God, doing that.  We correct ourselves by that which the Holy Spirit gives us and we modify our way by that which the Holy Spirit says to us.

And we are certain of the following:

2 Timothy 3:16-17   All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯