Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Podcast: Jesus delivers us from this present evil world

 
 
 
 
Galatians 1

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave Himself for our sins, that HE might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God spoke to me on the night of August 5, 1975, and said to me:  "Joan ... you know all those mistakes you've been making?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

"Sins!" I exclaimed.  I thought they were mistakes.

Instantly God caused me to be born again.

I was a new creature:  I no longer wanted to be with the people of this world that I had been with before God spoke to me.  I no longer wanted to do things of this world.  Now I wanted to go to church.  I wanted to be with people of God.  I wanted to read the Bible and learn things of God.

I now had the Holy Spirit to show me sins and to show me the way of God.

I knew my sins and no longer did those sins.

I was born again!

II Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

God spoke to me and I was born again instantly.  Then as a new creature, I studied the Bible and learned those things God taught me from The Word.

I Corinthians 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God gives us the Holy Spirit to live in us so we can know the way of God in the issues that pertain to this present life.

The Holy Spirit of God brings to our mind things of God so we can choose to go that way as we make decisions.  The flesh will lead us into sins if we choose the way of the flesh.  But the Spirit leads us into the way of God and we chose the Spirit and keep the flesh under as we walk on this earth.

Romans 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The way of the flesh:  (Ways of death)

Galatians 5

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The way of the Spirit:  (Ways of life.)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 

(Walk in ways of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:  The Holy Spirit brings us ideas giving us the way to go on this earth.  And when we go in the way of the Spirit the fruit that comes forth then will be those fruits of the Spirit and not fruits of the flesh.)

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

(Pray: Asking God to deliver us from the desire of vain glory and envy.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯