Friday, October 13, 2017

Our opinions can do harm to others


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I was considering reading a secular book by a certain author and I recalled a woman said to me, "I read some of his books but then I got bored."

So then I thought maybe I wouldn't read his book.

I realized this woman's opinion ruined the author for me!

And I was thinking of how we, by our words can ruin something for another person.  And how our opinions might be fraught in personal pride.

As I was thinking on this, I was reminded of a scripture:

Matthew 5:37    But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.


*****

It is good to warn another person when warning is needed.  But we do have to be careful about negative statements.  And those statements are sometimes based on personal pride or wanting to impress another person.

*****