Sunday, October 15, 2017

Controlling your flesh. Controlling your tongue.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

One day in 2017, I had a very strong desire to share a secular matter with another member of the body of Christ.

But I knew it was not of God for me to speak this.  It was of my own flesh.

I prayed that God not let me speak.

Often I have controlled my own tongue by praying to God for HIM to stop me and HE has always stopped me when I have asked HIM to do this.

But this time the desire to speak was so strong ... the strongest I've ever experienced.

I had to keep praying for several minutes.  I thought I was going to lose this battle.

Then God reminded me of the word "edify". 

I knew what I wanted to speak would only make me seem wise and even make the other person seem foolish.  Certainly it would not edify the other person, building the other person in the faith in God.

I'm delighted to say I did not speak.

But I've never seen the desire to speak as strong as it was this night.

I believe it has to do with the end times and the increase in the iniquity in the last days.

The temptation to speak was almost overwhelming.

It reminds me of the following.

I Peter 4:18   And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?


*****

The Spirit of God in us is greater than our flesh. 

I John 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world.


*****

Ephesians 4:29    Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

James 1:26    If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.


*****

(The day following this situation, I was freed to speak the subject.  I had worked though the issue with God and my flesh was brought under control and then I spoke.)


*****