Monday, October 2, 2017

A living death


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A woman, who faithfully attends her Methodist church, told me of all the things that have been going on in her life.  Her sister died.  Her 2 nephews died.  She has many serious physical problems.

All the things she spoke of are flesh and a type of death.

John 6:63   Jesus says:  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.



*****


Concerning her sister, she said, "She was always the strength of our family."

(I thought:  How sad for a person to be your strength.)

The sister (their strength) ended up in a care facility with dementia. This was their strength.

Her two sons died of cancer before her.  Her husband died.  This was her life.  Death.


*****

Then this woman told me how unhappy she was because she had gained 20 pounds.  (She is more than 80-years-old.)  She had just told me how her sister who had died wouldn't eat anything.  But she was so blind she couldn't see that weight can be a good thing.  

I told this woman it is probably good to have some extra weight.

She said she gets so tired of looking at all this fat.  (She has always been very fashion minded and apparently very appearance minded.)  I think she mentioned "hating" fat people.


*****


She, this woman, told me of her calendar for the week and how it was filled and how she really wished she could just stay at home, doing nothing.

The flesh holds out such great expectations for us ... how exciting ... how much fun to be involved.

A friend once told me:  "It is amazing how much work you have to do to enjoy yourself."

When I look at them in their activities, I think how hard it would be to do these "pleasures".


*****


The month she told me these things was September.  She then spoke of her plans for Thanksgiving in November.  She was concerned because her brother was going on a cruise so she called her niece who lives in a town 600 miles away and "invited herself" to come to their house for Thanksgiving.

I recall there was a time I thought it important to have plans for "special days" ... New Years Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving.  But along the way, this became unimportant.  Now I have no trouble being home, alone on these days.  I found they never lived up to the expectations anyway for the expectations about these secular holidays are of our own flesh.  And after we become more settled in God, we know we are never really alone for God is in us by HIS Spirit and never leaves us.  We just put our trust in God for HIM to fill that "special day".


*****


All that really matters in our lives is doing that which the Spirit of God shows us to do by the Word of God.  

Matthew 11:28-30    Jesus says:  Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.



*****


We are indeed blessed if we are not caught up in the way of the world.  And we are very blessed when we get free from the way of the world.



*****