Thursday, February 23, 2017

Psalm 108 ... Viewing the works of God through scripture

1 O God, my heart is fixed;
I will sing and give praise,
even with my glory.
 

2 Awake, psaltery and harp:
I myself will awake early.
3 I will praise THEE, O Lord, among the people:
and I will sing praises unto THEE among the nations.
 

4 For THY mercy is great above the heavens:
and THY truth reacheth unto the clouds.

 

5 Be THOU exalted, O God, above the heavens:
and THY glory above all the earth;
6 That THY beloved may be delivered:
save with THY right hand, and answer me.
 

7 God hath spoken in HIS holiness;
I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem,
and mete out the valley of Succoth.
8 Gilead is MINE; Manasseh is MINE;
Ephraim also is the strength of MINE head;
Judah is MY lawgiver;
9 Moab is MY washpot;
over Edom will I cast out MY shoe;
over Philistia will I triumph.
 

10 Who will bring me into the strong city?
who will lead me into Edom?
11 Wilt not THOU, O God, who hast cast us off?
and wilt not THOU, O God, go forth with our hosts?
 

12 Give us help from trouble:
for vain is the help of man.

 

13 Through God we shall do valiantly:
for HE it is that shall tread down our enemies.