Sunday, February 19, 2017

Exhortations For The Church: Vol. 3


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book



Vol. 3 ... #9
Jesus, The Word, is the light of this world



John 8:12 ... Jesus says ...  I (the Word)  am the light of the world: he that followeth ME shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The whole world is in darkness.  The Word is light.

The way of this world is wickedness, says John.  I Jn. 5:19

And indeed it is ... adultery, fornication, homosexual/lesbian, hate, strife, and such ... wickedness of the whole world.

Today, in most countries, these sins are flaunted before all and are thought to be "good" in the eyes of the world.

But the Word, the Bible, shows us differently.

The way of God shown in Bible is "The Word" which is light in this darkness showing us the way to go in the midst of the darkness so we will not stumble into the pit.

Sometimes in the night, I will get out of bed and go to the area which leads to my back outdoor courtyard where some outside cats live.  It is dark in that area.  So I usually take a flashlight and light a path where I can securely walk.  If I tried to walk there in darkness, I might stumble over something.

Often as I do this, I think of the way of God being light for us in the darkness, for that is true and it shows us the way to go in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation.

Phil. 2 ... the apostle Paul says ... 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.