Saturday, February 25, 2017

Exhortations For The Church: Vol. 3


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book



Vol. 3 ... #15
Jesus spoke those things HE heard from God ...
That is what we should do also


Jesus says:

Jn. 8:26 ... HE (God) that sent ME is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of HIM.

Jn. 8:28 ... I do nothing of MYSELF; but as my Father hath taught ME, I speak these things. 

When a person speaks of his own thinking, his own wisdom, that person seeks his own glory.  We see people on TV do this all the time from newscasts to sporting events.  They often try to think of something clever to say.  I usually just have to mute the sound, not being able to stand their pride.

We are like that too, when we speak clever things from our own flesh.  We are seeking our own glory when we do this.

But when we report that which we have heard from the Spirit of God, we seek God's glory ... and often humans will despise us when we attribute something we have heard to God.

Each of us who have the Holy Spirit in us hear directly from God from time to time.  Ideas will come to our minds from God.  But ideas also come to our mind from our own flesh and sometimes devil will give us an idea which seems good to us for Paul says devil appears "as an angel of light".  (II Cor. 11)

We should never speak words of devils, unless God has given a word to fight that word given by devil.  And most of the time words from our own flesh will puff us up and pride and arrogance will be the fruit.

We should speak what God says to us just like Jesus did.  And we can do that if we learn to be aware of the Holy Spirit when HE puts a thought into our mind. 

Example:  A few years ago, my cat died.  That night I cried out to God saying, "I need help."  Immediately the following thought came into my mind:  "Get on Internet and purchase a Siamese Cat."  

I did that.  And all the grief I had felt over Samantha left immediately.  I had not planned to get another cat for I was 74-years-old at the time she died and I knew another cat would likely outlive me.  But my plan was not a good plan for me so God changed my plan.

Example:  A man in our little church group was considering adding another storage building to hold his stuff.  The following thought (from Holy Spirit) came into his mind:  "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff?  

Example:  Several years ago, I was playing golf with two women, a Methodist woman and a Church of Christ woman.  The Methodist woman began speaking about people who judge others.  Out of my mouth came the following word by the Holy Spirit:  "If you judge people are judging aren't you judging?"  The woman gasped!  It was as if someone poked a hole in a balloon that had been filled with hot air.

Example:  God had given me some judgment type messages to speak to various big-time ministers.  These ministers surround themselves with "body guards" to keep people from getting near them and they hire people to go through the mail to keep people from reaching them.  Although I was relatively well known at that time in ministry circles, I couldn't get the messages from God to these ministers.  So I just began speaking these messages on my radio broadcasts, naming the minister by name.  Then the message reached these ministers.  Hate mail from their followers poured in to our office.  I was having a meeting in Seattle during this time.  The manager of the radio station was waiting outside the meeting room door.  He had always been friendly to me but this time he threatened me.  He said, "Joan, you have many good messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you keep speaking these judgment messages, I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We might have to put you off the air."    Without any thought at all, I spoke the following, yet not I but Holy Spirit spoke these words through me.  "George, if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."