Friday, February 3, 2017

Exhortations For The Church: Vol. 2


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book



Vol. 2 ... #25
Examining ourselves (Judging ourselves)


Jesus said ...

Jn. 8:26 ... HE that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of HIM.

Jn. 8:28 ... I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Jn. 7:18 ...  18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

We, who have the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God in us, should be the same as Jesus.  We hear from God by HIS Spirit and that is what we share with others.  When we do this we seek God's glory.

If we were trying to be great in the sight of men, we would speak of our own ideas, our own conjuring.

One time, a woman told me the following:  "Pastor spoke a great sermon this week.  I couldn't understand a thing that he said."

It is easy to judge this pastor was not speaking to by the Spirit of God.

James 3:17 ...  17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

But what pastor said, impressed this woman thinking her pastor was so scholarly. 

Paul said:  8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle? 9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.  I Cor. 14 

We judge ourselves by this:  Did God tell me this?  Was it God who commanded me?