Sunday, February 5, 2017

Exhortations For The Church: Vol. 2


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book



Vol. 2 ... #27
God has never failed me


Has God ever failed you?

Sometimes we might have wanted something and God did not give it to us because it would not be the best thing for us or it did not fit into the plans God had for us.

Did you as a parent give your child everything he asked of you?  I suspect there would times you withheld from him because it would not be the best thing for him to eat that second piece of candy.  But you did not fail him.  You protected him.

Heb. 13:5 ... 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

When we were born again, we died and were resurrected.

We died with Christ.  

We were once under the law as the world is under the law. But when we were born again, we died to flesh thus we no longer had to live under the law for now we do not want to sin.  We are now made perfected another way with a desire to do good.  

Our flesh does not please God.  The law shows us right from wrong.  But we don't want to do wrong.  So now we live in the spirit and not in the flesh.

Grace is greater than sin.  Now we live by the grace of God.  We don't want to serve sin.  But if we do serve sin grace is greater. 

But we know we do not want to do wrong now.  And it grieves us if we do wrong.  But we overcome even that knowing that grace is greater.

We did many things wrong in ignorance even after being born again.  

When God showed us HIS way, we then saw the wrong we had done in ignorance and we repented of that wrong doing and went the way of God.

Would we do that same wrong today after being enlightened by God to the right way?

No, we would not.  For it is wrong.  And we want to do right.

God gave me a dream where I checked into a hotel and was taken to my room.  The room was a mess.  It had not been cleaned.  I went to the desk and told them the room had not been cleaned.  I expected them to clean the room.  But they did not clean the room.

Later I saw the truth of the following scripture. 

I Jn. 5:19 ... the whole world lieth in wickedness.

II Peter 3 ... 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.


Revelation 21 ... 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

I saw the connection of these 3 scriptures.  I saw this present world will never get better.  This present world will never be righteousness.  You can't make this world righteous although you can help those individuals chosen by God.  The people of this world will lie, cheat, steal.  I was no longer disappointed when they did this.  I no longer strove to make them righteous as I once did.  I focused on the people of God.

And if a person of this world defrauded me, I no longer tried to correct that person.  We expect the unrighteous to do unrighteous acts.

God will repay me ... and looking back on these things, God has always repaid me.

You cannot live in peace and be striving with this world to make them righteousness.

Those chosen by God will be righteous.

I Cor. 7 ...   7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

We cannot strive with them.  Rather know God will repay.  Just walk away.

This heaven and earth will be destroyed.  All the things (works) will be destroyed.

II Peter 3 ... 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
 

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.