Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Exhortations For The Church: Vol. 2


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book



Vol. 2 ... #29
Wrath and anger

Recently I thought of a rejection that came to me from a book agent ... briefly there was a "daydream" of another agent taking that book and the book becoming a very great selling book and the agent who rejected the book would be very sorry ...

That is some type of fleshly thinking ... work of the flesh.

I went to Galatians 5 to see which work of the flesh that type of thinking would be ... hatred? anger? wrath?

When I looked up the definition of "wrath" in dictionary, I felt this thinking was a type of "wrath".

Of course, I prayed, rejecting the thinking and asking God to cleanse me.

Gal. 5 ... 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

In this scripture, we see "uncleanness" as one of the works of the flesh.

I believe uncleanness pertains to acts of fraud against another person.   Stealing from another person.

God showed me something very interesting about "stealing" ... If another person is committing a sin and you are aware of the sin and that person does not seem aware of the sin, we "steal" from that person if we withhold the truth which could cause the person to awaken to sin and come out of the sin.  (this is one form of stealing)

Eph. 4 ... Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour:for we are members one of another. 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more:

I was speaking with a church woman and she began speaking of something, I saw bitterness in her speaking ... It was like she was on stage giving a monologue and wouldn't stop talking and was speaking by a script.  (I've seen one of my cousins do this type of thing ... so caught up in the story she was telling she was only interested in getting her story told and didn't want anyone to interrupt her story... like being on stage.)

After talking with this woman, I prayed for God to help her ... and I was reminded of that which I believe God showed me the previous day ... If I withhold the truth, I am stealing from the other person.

I sent her email immediately warning her.