Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The new heaven ... the new Jerusalem

Isaiah 65 ... 17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth:
and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.



Sometimes it is hard for us to relate to what it will be like in the new heaven and the new earth.

This current earth will not come to mind ... will not even be remembered.

I have a cousin who is always trouble ... always a grief because of her words which are not according to scripture.

There will be weeks, or even months, that I do not think of this cousin at all and I am happy.  If I hear her words (if she calls and talks with me), then she keeps coming to my mind throughout the day and I am grieved.

There are other trouble makers who surface and when I "remember" them I grieve.  Then in time, I forget them and they do not come to mind at all.  That is when I can be happy, when I do not remember them.

In heaven, this current earth will not come to mind ... happiness, continual joy.


18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create:
for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
 

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people:
and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.