Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Building Your House On The Word Of God: Chapter 11 / Book available at amazon.com

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



God Speaks To Us Through Dreams


For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

Then HE openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, That HE may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

HE keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
Job 33:14-18

The New Testament is filled with examples of God speaking through dreams. So is Old Testament but what I was looking for concerning dreams were examples in NT of God giving dreams to people who had the Holy Spirit in them.


Here is one very strong example of God using a vision of the night (sounds like a dream) with a man who had the gifts of the NT, the Holy Spirit and all things the church has today.

This dream was given to the apostle Paul.

Acts 16:9 … 9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

After being reminded of this example with Paul, I knew God uses dreams today in the NT church. 


Poison Gas Dream: 1979

In this dream, a meeting was going on. I went in the room and sat down and began to listen to the man who was speaking. 

All of a sudden a second man rushed in and said, “Stop … Wait … Can’t you see … It’s too late … It’s already begun …” The first man resumed speaking.

I looked out the windows to see “what” had already begun. 

There was a yellow, civil defense type warning speaker on top of a tall pole. 

A gas could be seen coming out of the speaker.

It was a poison gas.

I was very shocked! For the gas was coming from our own warning system. And I knew what was coming from the speaker would kill us.

I looked at the man seated next to me in the meeting room. He was looking attentively toward the speaker. He had a big smile on his face. Then I saw this man was a corpse. He was already dead.

I looked at the other people in the room. They, too, looked directly at the speaker and they had smiles on their faces. But they, too, were corpses.

And as I sat there listening to the speaker, I felt myself beginning to drift off to sleep and I knew his words were killing me also and I would be dead if I continued to sit among them.


One Wednesday night after that, I was at the church I attended at that time. I looked at the man sitting next to me. He was very attentive to pastor who was speaking. This man had a big smile on his face. He looked exactly like that man who was seated next to me in that dream… the man who was a corpse.

I looked about the auditorium and all the people seemed dead to me.

I got up immediately and left the room and went into the rest room and began talking to God.

I told God that I thought he was showing me to leave that church group so I was going to leave. I added that I would come back if HE showed me to return.

I went to my car and drove away.

God didn’t want me to return to that group. Though I didn’t see anything wrong while I sat there, after I left God opened my eyes to many doctrines which were wrong that the pastor was speaking.


Can’t Move Into Cousin’s House:

After my mother died, my cousin wanted me to move to the city where she and her husband lived. Also in and near that city her two adult sons lived. She said the men could be so much help to me. But God gave me a dream showing me I could not go out through my cousin’s house. Because of this dream, I did not move to that city. I ended up in a city 350 miles from my cousin.

In a very few years, her husband died.

The son who lived in that city had to be threatened by her to get him over to change light bulb. She would tell him if he didn’t come fix the light bulb she would get on ladder herself and change it. She had to walk with walker and could no longer drive car because of her physical condition.

The other son was willing to help but he lived 90 miles away.

My cousin ended up moving shortly after husband’s death and now lives in a senior apartment complex where she has hired help.


Dream: Don’t go until you see Exodus 15

In 1982, I was still on radio across USA although some stations had put me off the air because I had begun speaking judgment messages, after God showed me “The time had come that judgment must begin at the house of God.” (especially in ministry)

Shortly after I was speaking these messages the scandals involving Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart surfaced.


I had been travelling from coast to coast to the cities where I was on radio and having meetings for the radio audiences.

I had been very popular in the previous years because God had given me messages concerning “Taking Thoughts Captive” and “Following God by HIS Spirit”.


But after God told me, “The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God”, I began speaking the judgment messages. God showed me sins in various ministries and I tried to deliver the specific message to each of the ministers that I had been shown by God but these ministers surrounded themselves by “bodyguard” types and filtered their mail so people could not get messages to them. Even though I was relatively well known in ministry circles I couldn’t get messages to them either. So I just began giving the messages on my radio broadcasts, naming the minister by name and telling of the sin before all on radio. Now the message reached the ministers. 

Hate mail toward me poured in from various church groups who followed these ministers.


During this time I was given a dream to warn me.

In the dream, there were two football teams playing. Texas (a very big, powerful team) was playing North Texas (a very minor team). There was a running back who was very skillful. He once played for Texas but he switched to North Texas.

NT was backed up to their own 5 yard line. It was terrible to see. You knew the big, powerful Texas team would crush this running back for NT.

The ball was about to be snapped and given off to this running back, and I heard: “Don’t go until you see Exodus 15”. 

I awoke.


I knew God was showing me great danger if I went out as I had been doing.

I cancelled all meetings for the remainder of the year.

I didn’t go out the next year either. I did continue radio broadcasts and continued writing exhortations for the radio audience around the USA.

That was 1982. The next time I went out was 2012. 


Dream given in 2012:

In March of 2012, God gave me a dream. A woman was singing to a group of people. She had a “little voice”, but it was a “nice” little voice. In this dream, I realized it was a way for the church to gather. I saw to start a blog. 

Pam Padgett, in our little church group, had just retired as a computer programmer from Fed Ex. I called Pam and asked her if we could set up a blog. Pam had no experience with blogs but she said she would look into setting up a blog for us.

Within 3 days, we had a blog and started writing exhortations for the church: Jesus Ministries Exhortations


The first day of the blog, end of March, 2012, 2 page views were from Germany.

None of us had any idea the messages were going to go all over the world… World Wide Web / WWW

It costs nothing at all for us to operate the blog and write as much daily as we want.


The blog enabled us to exhort the church “daily” thus fulfilling the following scriptures.

Heb. 3:13 … But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.


Heb. 10 …23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for HE is faithful that promised;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. 


We have published exhortations daily on the blog since March, 2012.


Indeed the blog is a little voice, but it is a nice little voice.

It costs us nothing. We can write as many exhortations per day as we choose. It goes all over the world and allows us to preach the gospel all over the world. (gospel means: God’s story … whatever God chooses to speak)

Blog name: Jesus Ministries Exhortations



These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)

(Also available in paperback)