Thursday, June 30, 2016

Building Your House On The Word Of God: Chapter 12 / Book available at amazon.com

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



God Speaks To Us Through Thoughts


God speaks to us by the Holy Spirit who carries to us thoughts from the heart of God showing us the ways of God. (I Cor. 2)

The Holy Spirit often brings thoughts directly to the mind of the believer to instruct us or to keep us by the Word of God. We will be reminded of a scripture. The Holy Spirit does that. (Jn. 14:26). The Holy Spirit speaks truth bringing the idea, the will of God, the concept into our head as a thought.

4 ways the Holy Spirit helps the believer:

-He teaches us all things

-He reminds us of all Jesus (The Word) has said

-He guides us into all truth

-He shows us things to come


Jesus says:

Jn. 14:26 … 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn. 16:13 … 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.


Examples of the Holy Spirit speaking: 

A man in our little church group was considering building another building to store his excess stuff. As he thought on this, he heard the following, in form of thought: “Why don’t you just get rid of the stuff?”


My mother and I used to go get our lunch which always costs us $5.30. I would take out a five-dollar-bill and a quarter and a nickel and leave my purse in car with my mother while I went in for our food.

One day, I didn’t have a quarter and a nickel in my coin purse. I was digging through all the coins trying to find a quarter/nickel … It was as if someone was standing over my shoulder watching me hunt for the quarter/nickel when I heard the following: “Three dimes will work.”

That’s right! (I had plenty of dimes in coin purse.)


A mommy cat and her 3 kittens moved into my courtyard in August, 2015. I couldn’t get anyone to help me. All I could arrange was to have Animal Control set traps (they were all wild) and carry them off in traps and kill them. I was unwilling to do that. One day I had the thought that I could just let them live in the courtyard. I could feed them and give them water. I have an 8 foot fence back there so they would be protected. So I let them stay. As winter approached I bought a nice sized dog house for them to have shelter. I put old blankets on the floor and an old comforter on top of the blankets. They had a nice home, plenty of food and water.

In January, 2016, I saw stray male cats hanging around. I knew there was going to be trouble. I didn’t need more cats.

But I had no idea what I could do. These cats are wild.

Certainly I was praying. I knew I could have Animal Control set up traps and maybe I could pay Animal Control to take them to the “shelter” (where they kill animals) and have them “fix the cats” so no kittens. And after they were operated on have the cats returned to me. But I didn’t feel comfortable doing this with Animal Control. Do I really trust people who kill animals for a living?

I told God I couldn’t do anything until I had a peaceful way to do it. So I did nothing that day.

The day after, I awoke and was talking to God as I often do. I asked God to order my day, showing me what I should do that day. Immediately I had the following brought to my mind. “Cats”

I did not hesitate. I phoned an Animal Hospital, telling them the story and what I needed. The young man said they could arrange with Animal Control for them to trap the cats. When they were in cages, they would send someone over from the Animal Hospital to pick up the cages. They would operate on the 4 cats. Then when the cats were ready to return home, they would bring the 4 cats back to me and turn them loose in back courtyard.

I was very happy with this plan. I have extra social security money left over monthly so I had plenty of money to pay for this.

This is what we arranged to do.


How do you know if the idea is from God? The apostle James tells us.

James 3:17 … But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


The young man from the Veterinarian Hospital said to me, “You are much nicer about handling this than most people.”

After I took in these cats and cared for them, God said to me by the Holy Spirit, “You take care of them like I take care of you.”



These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)

(Also available in paperback)