Friday, June 17, 2016

Hebrews 3

1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; 2 Who was faithful to HIM (to God) that appointed Him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. 

3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. (all things were created by HIM, by the WORD)

4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. 

5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
 

7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, 8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. 

Comments by Joan Boney ... They saw the works of God 40 years as God led them through the wilderness and cared for them, supplying every need.  They saw God part the Red Sea.  They saw God bring the Red Sea over Pharaoh and his men and drown them in the Red Sea.  They saw God feed them with manna from heaven.  They saw God bring water out of a rock to give them drink.... 

Often when I am tempted or discouraged, I stop and remember what I've seen God do in my life.

How can I doubt when I think on that which God has done.

It is important to reflect on these things to enable us to hold fast in times when we are tempted.


 God says ... Heb. 3 ...

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. 11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

There is a rest provided by God through HIS Word to us... We cease from our own works when we remember what God has done. This bring us into rest in believing.