Sunday, June 12, 2016

Overcoming Through God: Chapter 3 / Book available at amazon.com

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



Overcoming for a Christian is Seeking God’s Will and Obeying God In All Things


But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
 
Revelation 21:8


We must continually fight fear and unbelief as long as we live on this present earth. We fight such, through prayer and by keeping that Word given us by God by HIS Spirit before our eyes day and night.


Psalm 1 

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,

nor standeth in the way of sinners,

nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in HIS law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;

his leaf also shall not wither;

and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.


Joshua was told by God to meditate on God’s word day and night so he might be strong enough to do God’s word and then he would make his way prosperous and then he would have good success. Joshua 1:8

The same thing applies to each Christian today.


During one period of my life, I was so frightened that I took every scripture brought to my attention by the Holy Spirit and recorded each of these scriptures on a cassette tape on both sides of the tape, and played that tape every night when I went to bed. Each time I awoke in the night, I turned the tape over and started it playing again and would go to sleep with the tape playing these scripture.

This helped me fight the fear and helped me to believe the Word given me by God on the fearful subject at hand in my life at that time.

We do what we have to do to overcome.

There are times I have had to avoid persons who would steal faith from me.

Jesus once said:

Mt. 10 … 32 Whosoever therefore shall confess ME (The Word) before men, him will I confess also before MY Father which is in heaven. 

33 But whosoever shall deny ME (deny the Word) before men, him will I also deny before MY Father which is in heaven. 

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 

37 He that loveth father or mother more than ME is not worthy of ME: and he that loveth son or daughter more than ME is not worthy of ME. 

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after ME (the Word), is not worthy of ME. 

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for MY sake (for the sake of The Word) shall find it.

We might end up losing our life, our association, with certain people on this present earth.

I’ve often had people leave me and despise me because of the warnings I have given them from the Word of God.

I’ve had people leave me and despise me when they witnessed my way of life in Christ by the instruction of God by the Word, the Holy Scriptures.

Jesus warned:

Lk. 6 … 26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.


The apostle Paul said … Phil. 3:13 … Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:

As long as he was alive on this earth, Paul had to contend for the Word of God … doing the Word of God in the issues pertaining to this present life.

We do not arrive to the point where we can stop contending for the life in Christ.

As long as God chooses to leave us on this earth, we contend for the Word of God.

I Cor. 9 … 24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.



These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)

(Also available in paperback)