Wednesday, June 15, 2016

That which we set our mind upon

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A few days ago, we printed Ezekiel 24 ... When I got to verse 25, the following words of God through Ezekiel the prophet caught my attention:

"the desire of their eyes, and that whereupon they set their minds"  

We deliberately set our minds ... and we are able to change where we set our minds ...

At this point in time, my mind is set upon the Bible and exhorting the church as my assignment given me by God.

A few weeks ago, my mind was filled with how our book is doing in sales on Amazon.  I would check the ratings daily, often many times throughout the day.  This was pointless and fruitless.  

So I deliberately turned my mind to the assignment given me by God on this earth. (Which is to exhort the church by the Word of God ... focusing myself on reading Bible and sharing that which stands out to me in Bible.)  

We exercise ourselves in godliness, says Paul.  That is profitable for this life, and the next life. 

 I Tim. 4 ... 7 But refuse profane (secular) and old wives 'fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profiteth little:but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

II Tim. 2 ...  14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 

16 But shun profane and vain babblings:for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker:of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.