Sunday, June 12, 2016

Pulling back from wrong way

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In December, 2015, Pam Padgett and I wrote a book showing how to use a Kindle tablet.  (Published with Amazon)

I then began to write a series of ministry books, also published on Amazon.  When I prayed about whether to write these ministry books, I heard:  "I am with you whithersoever thou goest."  Joshua 1

I am convinced the ministry books honor God, showing HIS way in timely examples.

I was very grateful to have a place where people could get these ministry books for I knew they were of God and would be helpful.

Concerning the Kindle guide book, I had a strong image of how this book could help so many older people.  I also had a very strong image of the volume of sales for this book.  As I began seeking ways to get the book called to the attention of people, I began to think a good deal about getting better sales ratings and would check many times daily to see how the book rated on Amazon.  The sales were far below my image of the possibilities for sales on this book.

Finally this just felt like too much to me.  So I backed off and pulled back, just being grateful that the book was there for those persons who could find it.

I think backing off was the right thing and the best thing for me to do.

I Tim. 6:6 ... Godliness with contentment is great gain ...

content:  not wishing for more

Now I am back to just being grateful that we have the opportunity to have all these books out there.

I'm at peace about them again and they do not consume my thoughts as they did in the early months.