Saturday, June 25, 2016

Pure religion in the sight of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

James 1 ... 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, 
To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, 
and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

"Visit" means to judge their situation ... is there a need ...

My cousin's husband died.  I called her and talked with her.  I knew she had ample money.  But she did have a need which I could provide. 

- I told her every time the grief flooded her mind, to turn to God and call on Him for help.

- I told her what the Bible says happened when a person dies.  "He falls asleep."  Death is just a falling asleep.  

I Thess. 4 ...  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
 

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (precede) them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 

=======

The second part of James 1:27 is for us to keep ourselves unspotted from the world.

We turn on the TV and the world speaks and their words and acts are usually contrary to the Bible.

We read a secular book and their words and acts are contrary to Bible.

We go to grocery store and often their words and acts are contrary to Bible.

My last trip to Costo went very well until I began to check out at the cashier's stand.  The young woman putting my groceries in my basket noticed the amount of my purchases:  $77.77

She became very excited and said, "This is your lucky day.  You should ..."  (she named some type of gambling that I should do that day but I quit hearing her before she finished speaking.)

My provision is from God.  I would not want to change that.  I have a sure thing.

God never fails me.  God has cared for me all these years.  (I am 78 currently)  And I believe the promise of the Bible where we are told God will never leave us nor forsake us.

As I think on these things, I believe I have a "spot" remover for my soul.

It is a continual reestablishment to keep ourselves from the spots that come to us from the world.