Thursday, June 16, 2016

Overcoming Through God: Chapter 7 / Book available at amazon.com

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



The Work Must Be Authored By God


Jesus said: 
Not every one that saith unto ME, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of MY Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to ME in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in THY name? and in THY name have cast out devils? and in THY name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mt. 7:21-22


Many people do all manner of religious works which seem good … but unless God told them to do those works, those works are not good, they are works of their own fleshly minds, often authored by what they hear at church.

Only works authored by the Spirit of God are “good” works.

You can even try to do a scripture and have the work counted by God as evil.

The Spirit of God searches the heart of God to show us the will of God in the various matters of this present life.

I Cor. 13 … 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

I am acquainted with a woman who is an heiress, having very large trust fund and much money … She gives to all manner of organizations. But she is one of the most scornful persons I have ever seen … speaking of how ridiculous others are and always saying, “Can you believe they would do this?” exalting herself.

God said to me this woman is “self-righteous.”

She attends a church but she is not born again.

She would be shocked to know that her many financial gifts will end up profiting her nothing… for she is un-charitable …

Charity is not exactly “love” as some translations of Bible would say. Often young women especially like to think of these scriptures in terms of romantic attachments.

But godly charity has to do with the withholding of various judgments, not exacting all that the evil doer should receive.

God had “charity”, mercy, to me for I was certainly in no way deserving of salvation. I was terrible before I was born again.

Paul says … Romans 9 … 6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 

9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.

10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15 For HE saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 

18 Therefore hath HE mercy on whom HE will have mercy, and whom HE will he hardeneth.


When we set about on a good work, we must have evidence inside us that God authored the work. This evidence of the Holy Spirit speaking telling us to do that work is an anchor for our soul in difficult times which are likely to come for the works sake, persecution for the word …


Concerning good works … one person could visit the sick and it be the right spirit leading him … another person could be led by his own mind because he thinks he must do this and it would avail nothing and might even be harmful to the sick person.

The work must be authored by God and you must be led by the Spirit of God in everything you do.

It is also very important for us to have assurance in us that God told us to do that work.

In January, 1980, I was asleep in the night and a trumpet like voice sounded in my ear saying 3 words to me … “Hartford, Seattle, KWJS …”

This put me on radio on station KWJS. Do I have strong assurance that God wanted me to go on radio? Absolutely.

In March, 2012, I received a dream showing me to start a blog on Internet.

In December, 2015, I had concept of writing book for Kindle. I prayed asking God if that is what HE wanted. By the Holy Spirit, I heard … “I am with you whithersoever you go …” That was good enough for me. I started writing immediately.

Throughout each of the past 30+ years since being born again, I have had assurance of God leading me before I started any work that I felt I was to do. 

I have also found when God authors the work there are certain characteristics present: 

The work is simple

The money is there for the work … no begging for money

It is not difficult to do the work

There is great joy in going forward

It is not a burden in any way

Everything needed is provided immediately

There is no hardship

Workers are available to me for each step


I receive so many ministers begging me to give them money for their works. There is no example in the Bible of a minister asking for money to do a work that is supposed to be of God. Often these ministers list all kinds of works they have undertaken “in the name of God” and they try to get people to give them money to pay for their “good” works.

What does Jesus say … Mt. 7 … Many will say to ME in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in THY name? and in THY name have cast out devils? and in THY name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from ME, ye that work iniquity. 

God did not author that work they speak of as “good”.

Jesus calls that work a work of iniquity though they say it is “good”.

Jesus tells them to “depart from HIM.”

I do not give to ministers who ask for money.

David said: I have been young, and now am old;

yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken,

nor his seed begging bread. Psalm 37:25


The apostle James says the wisdom that is from God is

first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. 18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. James 3:17-18


Some ministers are extortioners … using all sorts of pressure techniques, telling you to expect a 100-fold return on your “gift”, stirring up greed and lust in the congregation, appealing to flesh of man as if he is some type of investment broker. This is exceedingly evil.

100-fold return in Bible has nothing at all to do with giving money at church …

Mk. 10 ... Then Peter began to say unto HIM, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

29And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s, 30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. 

I am shocked at how brazen ministers can be in their pursuit of money from the church.

They are often masters at making church people feel guilty.

Do not allow such to happen to you.

The ministers who do such buy themselves terrible futures either on this present earth or eternally.

I Tim. 5:24 … Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.

Some sins get exposed on this earth and precede them to judgment. Other men’s sins are hidden and in secret from us. But all these sins will show up at the day of judgment and there will be great shame then, weeping and gnashing of teeth, and they will really weep when they see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in heaven and themselves cast out for all eternity.


Whether you are a public figure minister or whether you are a private “little” person … you must be very careful about those “good” works you do … those works will be judged by Jesus and be rewarded with great penalty to you or great reward in heaven dependent on whether or not the work was authored by God.

Did God really tell you to do that?

I always examine this over what I do and so should you.



These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)

(Also available in paperback)